Newark Penn - Won't Recognize Station Stop

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by QNS Chris, Aug 2, 2019.

1. QNS Chris

QNS Chris Well-Known Member

When I run any of the NEC scenarios or services on Amtrak, the game's checkpoint system doesn't recognize that I've stopped and opened the doors. It remains on "Stop at location", and won't transition to the pax loading ring. This is on the ACS-64, on any of the NEC Amtrak service modes, as well as the scenarios.

UPDATE: This happens at NY Penn as well - stopped within 4yds of the marker, right on time, and it won't recognize the train stopping or doors opening. The objective notification stays stuck on "STOP AT LOCATION - New York Penn - XX:XX:XX"

Please help!!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  2. QNS Chris

QNS Chris Well-Known Member

RESOLVED - I did the adult thing and read through the forum...amazing what one can find when they read!

In case anyone reads the above and wonders how to resolve:
    - Stop BEYOND the markers in the NEC scenarios - 10-15 yds beyond should do the trick.

3. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

Those markers only register if any part of the train stands on it. The distance however is calculated between the marker and your avatar. So depending on the train you're driving, there isn't much train in front of the driver, so you have to be on or slightly over the marker to register.
    This gets even more tricky when you're reversing, then the distance is still to your avatar, which might be at the other end of the train.

• Like Like x 1