Junction Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlackDiamond1964, Aug 3, 2019.

1. I'm working on a small interurban rail yard and I'm trying my best to built the actual track work. All was well until I got to some tight junctions. Is it possible to make junctions like in the picture below? So far all my attempts failed as seen in the second picture.
    Wilkes-Barre Yard 3.jpg 20190803182317_1.jpg

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Go to 26 min in this video and Matt explains how it works

Peter

3. That video is very informative but it doesn't really help with making tight junctions. I'm finding that the junction will render but not function. See picture below.

20190804145612_1.jpg

4. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Certain trackrules will make slip junctions more easily than others. I think it's just a value in the trackrule file, but I've got no idea where it is or what to change.

5. Yes I've already change the the track rules to make tighter loops for my stations. As far as I can tell it doesn't help with making tighter junctions.

6. So I'm assuming that the lack of replies or new ideas means that this can't be done in TS2019?

7. No ideas at all on how to fix this or a work around? Below picture- the junction are in but the track is not connected.
    20190807142207_1.jpg

8. Railfan722

The junctions should still work, but none of the components such as the blades will move. To my eyes, they look fine - they're not something I would spend hours looking at while running a route.

9. This route is base on historical information so it's important to try to get as much right as I can. I believe there is a way to do this but since people don't really share information in this sim franchise it may never be known and this project will be dropped like so many before it. In other words...We (DTG) must keep the hobbyist from knowing how to do things in this sim so we can keep our profit flowing with payware items.

10. Railfan722

I'm sure it's in the trackrule file somewhere, but I don't mess around with stuff like that generally while route building. I use the Southampton-Weymouth trackrule from Steam Sounds Supreme on my route, and it will create double-slip switches up to 33 degrees, and single slips up to 38 degrees.

11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Except of course that the more detailed routes aren't created by DTG but other payware companies which DTG might publish through steam, but also have their own websites... They don't divulge much info either but do know how to do these things...

12. I was really referring to the basic business model for TS2019. Why give information to hobbyist that can potentially make something better then what I'm having people pay me to make. This is the same reason why you see very little video tutorials on content creation. Very few people have the "real" information. Most tutorials that are on third party sites are from the trial and error process. They are no more then best guesses then real tutorials.

13. ARuscoe

And I was referring to third party developers that are widely acknowledged to produce better content than DTG in many regards, none of whom put out ANY information of this nature. Blame DTG to a point, but there are others who could just as easily be lumped in too

• Like Like x 2
  14. ARuscoe

To add to this sentence... That I've seen

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'm starting to think it's about time to find another game I can make models for.
    Trainz-Always in a 'Work in Process" state. Tane came out in 2015 and is still not finished.
    Railworks-No real information for the content creators out there. No help for real problems.

Maybe I should wait for Transport Fever 2 to come out?

16. I want to make a coaling tower for another project...I suppose nobody knows how to make them either?

17. Forget it...I'm done. It's a waste of time posting here.

18. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

That's the second time you have posted that you are done here and it's a waste of your time.
    People here are generally helpful and answer questions if they can.
    You ask a question here at 1:21 AM and at 3:48 AM then say, forget it.
    Do you seriously expect people to respond immediately to your posts, especially if it is about creating 3D models, it's not a simple thing to explain on a forum.
    You are expecting too much from forum members, DTG and TS in general.
    Learn more about 3D modelling from other sites and learn a little more patience.

19. RailWorkshop

RailWorkshop Member

Not possible
    It will buckle the bogies outward of the locomotive which will look very weird.
    I once tried to make a very tight joint and my 23m long Locomotive's Bogie behaved as if it buckled when it travelled over it.
    One way you can make is by allowing more gap between two parallel tracks. It could be tried.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  20. RailWorkshop

RailWorkshop Member

Try posting in RailWorks America or UKTrain Sim.

21. Maybe you should look at my other post that weren't answered. These were posted weeks ago. I hear the same old crap every time I complain. There are too many questions and not enough people willing to answer here. I'm tired of hearing this crap about patience. I've been making these 3d models for over ten years. DTG is cutting off the hobbyist for their own DLC profits. I also find it funny that the only time I get any real feedback here is when it involves complaints...what does that tell you? I suggest you look through ALL my post before you give me the same fanboy crap responses.

22. I used to go the RWA until I got bad information from one of their regulars posters. When I spoke up about I was attacked, then band. The have that pack mentally there. I suggest people to stay away from that site.

23. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

I have looked at your posts and have upvoted pictures of your work.
    You should consider that people on this forum either do not have the answers that you seek or don't have the time to post tutorials on 3D modelling. You criticise everyone for not helping you here, you get banned from RWA.

Does this not suggest that it is your attitude that is a fault here and not other people.

You can also expect this thread to be deleted

24. Good. Please remove my username for this forum as well. These forums love to silence the truth. I'm done!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2019
  25. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Goodbye and good luck.

26. RailWorkshop

RailWorkshop Member

Good bye
    No one will miss you.
    I remember how you were becoming arrogent on every forum I saw your post.
    God Bless You

27. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

If you'd like to have your account deleted please ensure to submit a ticket rather than asking a random user to do this for you.

• Like Like x 1
  28. It's funny, NOW a staff member replies...but ignores all other request for help. I also find it funny that a "random" user can attack a poster and claim the post will be deleted. You can see the same "fanboy pack mentality" as I seen at RWA.

I don't need no ticket...please delete my username and my posts. You heard it from me to you... right now.

All this and still never got the answers to my questions.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2019
  29. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

BlackDiamond1964 I have looked at your 91 posts here and things started well, with positive and enthusiastic replies to your threads from other posters and some questions answered.
    However, you seem to be getting more frustrated as you continue trying to make historical routes in highly accurate detail. Unless you have access to resources that can provide the level of detail you require you will have to compromise your ambitions. I suggest you try and locate local historical societies that might have reference material that would be useful to you.

Complaining about the lack of support you require from forum members and DTG is pointless. If forum members don't have the answers then you will not get replies. DTG is a business and not a help line for route builders or 3D modelling.

Perhaps you have set your sights too high within the limits of your abilities and expectations, the limitations of train simulator editors and the goodwill of other forum users.

Sincerely yours,
    A random user

• Like Like x 1
  30. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

You will need to send a support ticket confirming your decision as deleting your account is not something we can do just based on you saying so in a public forum.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019