PlayStation Simple But Very Effective

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Samo1, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

I got a keyboard for my PS4 yesterday and it does improve the overall experience but the game feels like it lacks any soul, everything is bog standard, how that could be improved is by simply having a animation for every key press for example, hit the tab and you automatically look towards the door buttons and see the buttons move, switch on wipers and lights and automatically look in the direction of those buttons and watch them operate, simple additions like that would make the game feel less robotic and more authentic in my opinion, yes you can fiddle with the joystick as well but the whole experience with a keyboard and as far as possible with the joystick could be far more streamlined and authentic in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  2. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Hi, I myself have bought an old keyboard to use with Train sim world and I agree it definitely adds to the experience by have some more function then a regular controller. That being said the keyboard controls were mainly to be used with a mouse and the fact that it works on PS4 I consider to be just a bonus.

3. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

And there are things you can do with the keyboard that can't be done at all without it: turning off HUD, turning off the cursor dot, low horn tone, lapping brakes, changing cabs. It's also much faster to change camera views without going via the menu. TSW without the keyboard is a lesser game, put simply.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

There are here any kind of keyboard mapping that i can see what button does on keyboard? i read there is 1 button missing.

5. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

So you recommend a keyboard and mouse is a lot more better than just using the controller on the ps4. im thinking of going and buying a keyboard and mouse

6. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, at the moment at least, you can't use a mouse with TSW on the PS4 but any old cheap usb keyboard will enhance the game play considerably. You can access functions with one press that can take multiple presses on the controller. The tab key to work the doors and the number keys to change the views are a couple for instance. Plus some functions you probably don't know exist!

If they ever enable mouse support it would be even better.

There doesn't seem to be an overall keyboard mapping guide (I've been looking) you have to read each individual manual for information. Obviously there are some common keys between all trains.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dave Mel

a usb keyboard do you think is better than a bluetooth one

8. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

It's usually the same thing; a Bluetooth keyboard comes with a little USB transceiver widget that plugs into your console.

9. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Yes, as above, a wireless keyboard might be a little tidier depending on your PS4 and screen positions. I have mine on a desk so a wired one is not a problem.

10. Dave Mel

i went out and bought a ps4 keyboard. im finding it strange at the moment but like everything else you get used to it.

i cannot find the key to put on the auto brake/ drivers brake in the manuals it says apostrophie ' to decrease the brake and semi-colon ; to decrease the brakes.
    i find the apostrophie ' works but the semi colon; does not work. so does anybody know what other keys will work the brakes becuase im having to use the controller to use the braking

11. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Snap, same brake problems

12. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

The brake key seems to be the only one that doesn't work. No idea why, perhaps the PS4 doesn't recognise that key!

I find it best to use a combination of controller and keyboard. The controller for the driving and the keyboard to operate the various extra functions.

13. Dave Mel

im wondering if DTG can reassign the keys

14. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

They of course could. But its not officially supported on Console as of it now.
    Maybe they suprise us with full Mouse + Keyboard Support on Consoles with the TSW2020 update, have asked them enough about that.
    But unless they do officially support it as input device next to Controllers, we are lucky enough that it works in the way it does for Consoles.
    The Keyboard has more working functions on PS4 than on Xbox aswell. Lets hope for the 2020 suprise but somehow i doubt it that they supported it officially on Consoles.

• Like Like x 2