Class 40145 Steam Dlc Or Ap Class 40

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VION, Aug 6, 2019.

1. VION

VION Active Member

Hi to All,
    For the fans of classics diesel UK Locos, I plan to purchase this model Class 40 but on the Armstrong Powerhouse shop it is advertised to run his model only on TS 32 bit due to sounds loops issues running with the TS 64 bit version. Does someone who own this superb model, encounter such sounds loops issues running on TS 64 bit or is it just to advertise it could be issues but not all time and for all users due to many different PC configurations ?
    And to help to my decision, either the Steam DLC or the original AP one, are these two models featured with the exactly same features or does the Steam model miss some function or features compared to the original AP Class 40?
    Thanks for your help and advices.

Cheers
    Gerard

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I have not run my AP version for some time but I did not notice the sound looping.

If you buy the DTG Class 40145, made by AP, you get two liveries for one loco.
    If you buy the Armstrong Powerhouse version you get all 200 Class 40's in different liveries - Green, Green with yellow panel or Blue.
    Have a look at https://armstrongpowerhouse.com/free_download/manuals/APC40_Manual.pdf

Peter

3. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

What Peter says, plus 1.
    I ran one of Rosgars scenarios last week using the 40 in 64bit, I pop my head out the windows a few times as I love the sound of the these beasts roaring and cannot hear any problems with the sound.
    I use a Creative sound card (XFi I think) and 5:1 surround sound if that helps.

• Like Like x 2
  4. VION

VION Active Member

Thanks again for the feedback. I wait some time more before to purchase and take my decision.
    Really appreciated.
    Cheers
    gerard

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

AP have a Sale every so often - if you are on Facebook their page has announcements on it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. VION

VION Active Member

Thanks for the info. I will take a look for sure.