Fishing Sim World Gilliams Lake Carp

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by simonrobson91, Aug 3, 2019.

1. simonrobson91

simonrobson91 New Member

What's the best bait to use. I've caught every other species in the lake apart from the carp.

2. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

I use the boilies. Can use the same stuff you use at the Euro lakes. I would use a smaller hook if your trying to target the common carp. There’s still a chance you will lock up on a huge Siamese carp or any of the other monsters lurking around but you can always release it by holding the red button down. Smaller boilies can help as well and some of the new pellets baits.

3. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

Ditto - Ive tried most of the bolies & the smaller pellets about the only thing I haven't gone for is maggots and worms. Ive tried small hooks (size 10 / 12) large hooks (size 6 & 4) and lines from 40LB down to 15LB and the only carp I have managed to catch here are commons. I have caught two trophy commons along with the catfish and arapana (sp?) but siamese carp elude me. Have to admit I am fishing from the pegs but I can see plenty of them swimming around. What bait / hook / line are they being caught on and whereabouts in the lake? Any help would be gr8.

4. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

They are around pretty much everywhere. Think it’s just bad luck so far. I would try the narrow bottom left peg and hook size don’t matter I would try that nutrine bait it’s one of the new ones or the strawberry one. I’d use 80 lb test works good at Gillhams. Try clear day or light clouds and give afternoon a shot. A lot of people avoid fishing at that time but seems good for the Siamese carp.

5. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

Just had a look at the guide to Gillhams and found this

"Every species will take the boilies and tiger nuts when you have a size 2 hook equipped. The common carp in the lake will take hooks smaller than size 2."

It seems that if you want to catch the Siamese carp you have to equip a size two hook. certainly in my experience using a hook smaller than a two only catches the much rarer commons.

6. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

I think I have got one on a size 4 before with that nutrine

7. deecroow

deecroow New Member

I made the target of the 100 carp in Gillhams, look for them in the lower right corner on the map near the oxygenators and the vegetation. The boiles are. All fruits, red monster, hi vis popup and atlantic heat. The line 30 lb maximum and love 6 silt. If you want help you can contact me easily.

Attached Files:

8. NoDice9t9

NoDice9t9 Member

Size #2 hook, CR1. Margins Most conditions most times of day.morning and evening seem best. When you don't want them they r everywhere. :/ :D

9. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

Common carp I would use a size 4 iqd hook and for the monster Siamese carp use the size 2 hook and 80lb line and the bait I normally use link or tiger nuts or what ever bait works best for u

10. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

Tried this and got a Siamese carp on my second cast so I would guess that smaller hook sizes here will only net the common carp.

11. AlbertTrotter

AlbertTrotter New Member

tonight i've caught 175lb Siamese, 528lb Arapaima, and have just caught boss Pho (561lb) all on size 80lb line, size 2 dark matter hook with 15mm Scent From Heaven boilie.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Grummy74

Grummy74 New Member

Any boilies and a size 4 hook works. I've landed all three trophy carp with thus

13. simonrobson91

simonrobson91 New Member

Sorry been away on holiday. Thanks for your replies. I'm targeting the siamese carp.