Frame Rate Help

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by pennsy_railfan, Jun 8, 2019.

1. pennsy_railfan

pennsy_railfan Active Member

When I play TSW now I average 45-60 FPS on the NEC route ( depending on where I am) . Sand Patch Grade I average 45 or more. However now I'm getting lower FPS 45-50 FPS on the NEC and 30-45 on sand patch grade. I have no idea how to fix this besides lowering the graphics but my PC is pretty good and everything is up to date. ( note I posted this already but I accidentally posted it to the wrong thread and can't delete it sorry )

2. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Have you made any changes to your PC? Updated Drivers, are you running other programs in the background? It can take a while to narrow down potential causes.

3. pennsy_railfan

pennsy_railfan Active Member

I updated yesterday to windows 1903 ( the lastest windows update) and I update my game drivers using the nvida gefroce app. I don't really have anything running in the background really

4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Are you anxious just about the numbers or also about visual performance? If it's just the numbers, press F3 to turn them off. If your concern deals with visual performance, have you tried engaging game mode in Windows? To do so, press Windows Key + G after TSW has loaded. Experimenting with this, I've found that it makes a difference in frame rates, but as long as TSW is running smoothly, I'm generally satisfied.

5. jetgriff

jetgriff Well-Known Member

you are lucky on my HP Envy Recline 27 (Intel icore I-7 16 gig ram etc etc) all in one I only get 10 FPS and I minute takes 2. i.e. Paddington Reading at 125mph takes me over an hour.

6. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

You don't mention your graphics card but it's worth pointing out that the minimum system requirements specify 8 GB ram and a Nividia GTX 750 Ti or AMD R9 270 graphics card. If people can run TSW on a lower spec PC then good for them but please don't be surprised if the performance or experience is unsatisfactory.

7. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Sadly your PC lacks a graphics card and due to this will not be able to handle demanding games as it only has Intel HD integrated graphics.
    As your PC is an all in one this means that sadly you cannot add a graphics card to it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jetgriff

jetgriff Well-Known Member

my All in One also has a Nvidea 830 A I get choice of intigrated or that one... trouble is when I run the game on an old Laptop I keep outside in the garage it plays at up to 20FPS but takes forever to load to start.... Seems its a bit pot luck.
    Having said that..,. just to complicate things, my All in One has stopped playing Train Sim 201 in 64bit, used to then just stopped... perhaps a new PC?