Introducing Train Sim World 2020!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Jul 16, 2019.

1. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Couldn't you update Xbox one X version please. Surely you could of added portsmouth to London Waterloo route. Reading to Cardiff. , Reading to Bristol. All these routes could be added to the game. London euston to Birmingham , London to Edinburgh. Please don't make UK routes that are set so long ago.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bitenc16

bitenc16 New Member

Meu sonho era sair na versão em português - brasil

3. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Yes. Everybody use Google translate please. Much easier than just him using Google Translate.
    [/sarcasm]

4. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Does train sim world 2020 work on a Samsung computer or do I need a gaming computer to play train sim world 2020?

5. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

We don't know your specs

6. timmie_1606

timmie_1606 New Member

As stated on: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/introducing-tsw-2020
    "Already own Train Sim World?
    When Train Sim World 2020 releases on August 15th, you will get all of the new features as part of a free Train Sim World update regardless of what content you own. All of the routes/locos you currently own will stay as part of your collection to enjoy as usual. For the new routes included in Train Sim World 2020 (Main-Spessart Bahn, Long Island Railroad, Northern-Trans Pennine), you’ll have the option to upgrade to get any of these you don’t already own for a discounted price."

I have yet to receive this offer of a discounted price for DLC

Edit: eg. if i want LIRR it still says eur29.99

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  7. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

It might wasnt worded pretty well but what they´ve meant was basically depending on how many routes out of the new bundle you already own, you get the missing ones discounted since the package price is 29,99.
    So if you were missing more than one route out of the bundle you would have got them for the price of a single route dlc.

If you are just missing LIRR out of the bundle you wont save anything compared to a single purchase. So you might want to wait on a sale on the platform you play. They are quite often.

8. timmie_1606

timmie_1606 New Member

Thanks for your reaction, I’m definitely looking at LIRR but maybe some others as well, I recently bought TSW (and played TS since it first came out).

And yes, the package price is 29,99 but they literally said: “you’ll have the option to upgrade to get any of these you don’t already own for a discounted price.

Emphasis on “ANY (..) for a discounted price”, so not “all”, not “the package of all new routes (excluding the ones you already own)”, not “a few”, not “selected”. No. Any = any, if not this is false advertising.

9. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Prices have gone back up. I got LIRR a fortnight ago on PSN for £8.49.

10. timmie_1606

timmie_1606 New Member

The article doesn’t say anything about a limited (time) offer. That’s called witholding information.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  11. timmie_1606

timmie_1606 New Member

So why would this answer be given under the question “Already own Train Sim World?” If there’s no extra deal for people who “already own” to people who are first buyer. For both groups the package deal is 29,99. So why does it than say “you don’t already own for a discounted price” if it doesn’t give a discount price in contrast to first buyers who will get the routes anyway.

12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This is standard practice, If I signed up to my cable provider today I would save 50% for the first 18 months, so new people get better deals especially when buying bundles.
    In the case of TSW if you already HAD some of the DLC then you would get best value, but unless you only needed one single DLC you should get some value.
    It's the same reason why I wait for steam sales to buy DLC...

13. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

It's a bit ambiguous, but you seem to be ignoring the word "upgrade". The offer is you can upgrade at a discounted price. (compared to buying routes individually; not literally a discount)
    Paraphrased:
    You'll have the option to upgrade [by purchasing Train Sim World 2020] for a discounted price, to get any of these you don’t already own.

14. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

You've done a great job of adding to the confusion.

15. timmie_1606

timmie_1606 New Member

Still, there's the word 'any'. You cannot upgrade to get 'any', you can only upgrade to get ALL.

16. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Hello Dmitri !
    Can you please check why Rapid Transit and Northeast Corridor New York DLC's are not listed on Dovetail and Steam shop pages?
    DTG-shop.png
    STEAM-shop.png
    I'm waiting for RT sale offer to make my Taurus DLC working!
    Thanks for reply!

17. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

In paraphrasing you've removed the gist of the (badly worded) sentence. The bit beforehand where it lists the included DLC and THEN goes onto say that if you get the bundle you get ANY of those DLC you don't own at a discount (not true if you only need one of them, hence badly worded), but it in no sense meant you could get ANY DLC at a discount, and it was the bit before your paraphrase which clarified this

Either way, the wording wasn't clear

18. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

You just need to dig a little deeper :)

NEC:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/577357/Train_Sim_World_Northeast_Corridor_New_York/

RT:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/577358/Train_Sim_World_Rapid_Transit/

19. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

I know that this DLC's can be bought via this links, but why they are not offered on DTG shop and are hiden on Steam?
    PS4 have them hidden in TSW2020 package and XBOX show offer them correctly.