PC Train Sim World Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TrainSim-Jay, Sep 19, 2017.

1. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

It's a little disconcerting hurtling through total darkness at 125mph, but I dare say that's true to life. I don't know that it makes driving hard, exactly; you can see signals well enough, and anything else is just sightseeing. Shunting in darkness could be tricky, I grant you, but yards are usually floodlit at night.

• Like Like x 1
  2. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

In Britain we don’t use headlights on trains to illuminate the ground, we use it to let others know we’re here.

Drivers will have plenty of route knowledge and are trained to spot specific landmarks or objects to identify their location. They also should know how far the next signal is and what upcoming speed limits are.

Stations, yards and sidings are lit by lights so there’s no need to have such a bright light on trains.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Okay, I just have to ask which route and which scenario or session allows driving at 125 mph.

4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Class 43 GWE

• Like Like x 2
  5. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

20190814202405_1.jpg 20190814202732_1.jpg 20190814204259_1.jpg
    Ok, although I love the game overall, I have to say the SW1000R DLC is probably a new definition of broken (somebody, fix the damn bells on both vehicles, especially in the tutorial). The best example might be what happened to me in the "New York Nuisance" mission - I went to collect the "broken" ACS-64 and when I coupled, things started to go wild. First, it took about ten tries to uncouple the rest of the train as it was connecting again immediately. Then after this was dealt with, the SW didn't want to move at all, reverser in "reverse", all breaks released, raising throttle and the engine does nothing. So after a couple of minutes, I ended up starting the broken ACS and pushing the SW all the way to the yard, after uncoupling the SW started working again... but hey, earned a couple of ACS exp points for that.

6. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

PCS was tripped. You need to reset it to move.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SimonM719

SimonM719 Member

Is there a way to turn off the "arcady/gamey" rewards/acheivement screens that pop up with the new sim, am not interested in how many points I got for finding the brake lol, really takes away the simness of a sim?

• Like Like x 2
  8. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I don't believe you can stop the achievement screens from appearing at the end of a scenario, journey etc. but CTRL + 6 will stop both the action points and the reason for them appearing on the top right although points awarded will still appear on the achievement screen at the end.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Only does this once per unit. I spent a few mins at the beginning of each consist going through every control and now don't get those messages

Yes, it's good for very very beginners but pointless beyond that

10. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

That sounds great, but what's your source for this information?

11. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Someone really needs to work on the train brakes. If I run a BR 182 with only about 15 Shimms cars, see a signal with green light and two yellow below (next signal red), engage emergency brake and still run through the red at about 55 kph, the brake power is clearly not the way it should be. The signals are spaced for you to be able to stop easily between them with even larger trains WITHOUT engaging emergency braking.

12. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I did not have the warnings fuse turned on, I ran the locomotive as it was and PCS was not going off at all

13. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

That's why there is a green-yellow before that. You shouldn't go any faster than 40 km/h at the signal you're describing

14. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Hi DTG, I hope you've enjoyed the beautiful bank holiday weather. I thought I'd post this in here as its the "feedback thread". If anyone not from DTG wants to comment on this post feel free but Im afraid you wont get any interaction from me on your comments. Im too aware of the compulsion some seem to have to offer their opinions on anything and everything, and the conflict that causes. Anyway, moving on..

I recently re-installed TSW after a 6 month hiatus to see what might have changed with the TSW 2020 re-release. I tend to stick to GWE although I dabble in NTP as well. I had high hopes after so long away that TSW might have evolved, and I do see some evidence of that in better fps, better tutorials and so on.

Somewhat less impressive are the features that remain, like sunshine reflections in the cab driving westwards out of Paddington in the morning that presumably hint at the Suns power to shine through solid steel cab walls, or the absence of any kind of nod to immersion like cab sway or head sway. The sound bug that brings outside sounds into the train I noticed was still present as soon as I switched to the outside view in the NTP tutorial.

However, I do not intend this post to turn into a feature wish list, or a bug moan. Im simply curious about the future direction. On that note Im aware that history is not on my side in expecting an answer from your good selves. Nevertheless, more in hope than expectation- are there any plans to bring immersion enhancing features to existing routes? Are there any plans to fix some of the things that currently ruin it- rain noises inside a train inside Paddington for example? Are there any plans afoot within the DTG bunker to bring some quality of life improvements to GWE? And just because reasons, is there any chance at all that the ai passengers might come from more of a demographic mix than just mid 30s? Seriously, where are the old folks, the coffin dodgers, the screaming kids- I talk with tongue in cheek a little but that one little detail is immersion busting and not a little Orwellian.

In the meantime, and for another 6 months I suspect, TSW has been removed from my hard drive as its just not quite good enough yet for me. Its pretty, but as the Bishop knows, that's not everything. A bit of acting goes quite a long way too. I might have been tempted to slip you a few quid for some routes or locomotives, but not today. Hopefully in the future though.

Edit- I think that TSW itch might prove too strong so some box somewhere can get a tick in it ;) Its probably going back on and I shall persevere :)

Best Wishes in all sincerity.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Update to my last post-
    I had to satisfy my curiosity in more depth so reinstalled and had a good crack at GWE this evening. Very impressed with the progress that Ive seen.

There are noticeably more services on the route (at least in journey mode on the 166 so far), and the performance improvements are again very impressive. Clearly the pace of improvements has increased, although obviously work remains to be done.
    The increased traffic and performance has nudged immersion levels in the right direction. Sounds continue to hold the overall feeling back. As one of the 5 senses, to get this wrong or sub-optimal means a quality opportunity is missed. Look back at TS2019 or go and stand in a station and simply listen. Its something that must be improved imho if the title is to fulfill its potential. This shouldnt subtract from the sense of optimism resulting from seeing the improvements Ive seen though.
    Its nice to be able to give good feedback in this feedback thread. Im hoping that soon Ill be posting here again :)

16. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Further :) feedback-

Sounds of rain hitting the roof of the 166 inside Paddington station have been removed. Such a little detail but which had such a profound effect on immersion.

Nice one DTG. Keep it coming :) In hindsight my post above from Sunday is far too strong and doesn't reflect the realities of the improvements Im now seeing. Im now far more optimistic about the future.

• Like Like x 1
  17. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

As far as I’m aware there have been no additional services added to service/journey mode in GWE?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Seems busier. Perhaps its just me or the chosen journey services are 'peak time'..
    Once Ive had a longer spell playing then if it turns into a branch line in terms of traffic Ill feed it back in this, the feedback thread ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2019