Tsw: Whistle While You Work

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, May 21, 2019.

1. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

More like updating the Core game (which houses the GWE route) and the corresponded route like NTP

• Like Like x 1
  2. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Absolutely, did one earlier that took me from one side of the yard at Manchester to the other into a portion of road id never been on, took almost an hour as well. It was glorious :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

4. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

The Class 40 easily outperforms the 47 on NTP. Definitely something wrong. The 47 should be the pick of the three locomotives.

• Like Like x 2
  5. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

It should indeed but seems weak in comparison to the others. Maybe it's the gearing?

I've never really opened up the 47 in WSR for a comparison. I must break the line speed sometime!

6. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

It's certainly not short of virtual Amps, so not sure where they are going. Not to the virtual traction motors it seems.

7. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

:)
    No, it does nearly come to a virtual standstill at times.

For reliability they were restricted from their original 2750hp down to 2580. I think DTG might have turned the wick down even lower. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. gavin.gledhill

gavin.gledhill New Member

Any reason why the 6E85 Manchester-Leeds loaded oil train gets priority over the 1148 Marsden to Leeds at Marsden but then waits at Huddersfield to let it past? 8 mins late leaving Marsden because of the freight train which is only just entering Standedge Tunnel at the other side of the hills getting priority over a passenger train.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

ive noticed this a lot on other routes. freight get priority over passenger trains. i think ive noticed it on msb where ive been driving a passenger train and had to wait at a signal for a freight train to pass coming up the hill from Ashaffenbugh

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  10. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Yes, the priorities are all wrong on TSW.

Slightly off topic, but on GWE, HSTs get stopped for 166s and freight and there are some bizarre crossovers from relief to fast lines for no apparent reason. My guess is it's done to keep it interesting. Would much prefer if the loops were used more for the freights to let passenger services pass.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

Yes indeed. Recently, I was driving a freight train on RSN coming out of the yards. A passenger train overtook me on the mainline but stopped just ahead so that I could come onto the mainline in front of it. Seems very strange.

• Like Like x 1
  12. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

The crossing over from relief to fast and vice versa on GWE is not intentional, and more of an error. This is because when they were building GWE, they were using an older version of the dispatcher system, which didn’t allow them to visually see which lines trains go on when routing them.

For all post GWE routes the dispatcher system got updated, so now the developers can see the movements of trains a lot clearer when setting up service mode.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Steam will not come for a while as there is no point doing it. With a simple reason, you would still operate it as diesel/electric. It could be made for multiplayer game thou.
    Plus operating steam would not be so much fun as fast modern day trains or locos from the 60s.
    In case you haven't seen yet, there are two US routes with diesels on it. NEC and Peninsula, so you are wrong that Dovetail is only giving us the electrics in America.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I have been in and around Germany, I have never seen diesel loco in Germany and Austria. That brings up two questions: Am I blind? Do you guys have diesels in Germany and Austria?
    I know Poland, Slovakia and CZ has and so has Sweden and Finland.

14. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

There are mainlines in Germany that are not electrified (Allgäubahn is a good example) and a lot of branch lines are not electrified.
    Here is a link to a map of Germany, green lines are not electrified.
    http://bueker.net/trainspotting/maps/germany/germany.gif

You can see the percentage of electrified railways is higher than the Czech Republic for example, but there are still plenty of lines where the roar of diesel engines is all that you get.

• Like Like x 2