PlayStation Tsw 2020 Discounts

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by transitmiguel142, Aug 14, 2019.

1. transitmiguel142

transitmiguel142 Member

Hello I have Train Sim World and I have a question, according to what I Read. Any missing routes that TSW 2020 offers that you don't have will be available for purchase at a discounted price, I see in the ps store there is various discounts there but not for the Main Spessart Bahn its still full price. My question is will the Main Spessart Bahn be available at a discounted rate?
    THANKS

2. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Hi there, there will be no discount on MSB, LIRR or NTP after TSW 2020 is released, however you will be able to pick up the whole bundle for £24.99 / $29.99 / Euro 29.99.

3. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

Hi TrainSim-Dmitri , don't want to be picky here, but the phrasing from the TSW2020 announcement article did imply to me that you could pick up any route you were missing at a discounted price:
    "For the new routes included in Train Sim World 2020 (Main-Spessart Bahn, Long Island Railroad, Northern-Trans Pennine), you’ll have the option to upgrade to get any of these you don’t already own for a discounted price."

Now we're being told you can only have them bundled together... What if I own MSB and NTP? Then I won't be able to pick up LIRR at a discount, or am I reading this wrong?

• Like Like x 8
  4. TrainSim-Dmitri

In your case, if you own MSB and NTP then you won't get a discount on LIRR only, however if you decide to buy the Deluxe Edition which includes Caltrain then it will be cheaper than two full route prices (£24.99 + £24.99).

Routes like LIRR go on sale quite often so you should be able to pick it up when it eventually goes on a sale.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Do the LIRR, MSB and NTP remain in sold as standalone DLC's or with TSW2020 package they will become available only in TSW package? Like NEC and RT now.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  6. TrainSim-Dmitri

Long Island Railroad / Main-Spessart Bahn / Northern Trans-Pennine will remain available to purchase separately.

7. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

This is in complete contradiction to the original announcement. Does DTG have an explanation?

• Like Like x 7
  8. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

I also find it interesting that the route bundle sells at the same price as TSW2020, which is the bundle + GWE :|

• Like Like x 1
  9. transitmiguel142

transitmiguel142 Member

That's my point exactly DTG we need an explanation and clarification on this statement

• Like Like x 5
  10. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

So when is the next discount on all 3 of those routes then? Cause I need to pick up northern transpennine and Main Spessart Bahn.

11. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

Wait, we don't get a discount? I have have the 3 base routes from TSW + WSR + RSN, so can I not get a discount on only NTP? :| The announcement gave the impression of players being able to get a discount on a route (providing they had TSW).

I haven't been on my PS4 today, so I haven't had a chance to look at TSW2020 for myself.

• Like Like x 4
  12. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

PS4 EU store is showing new Peninsula Corridor with 10% off so it costs £22.49. The DLC does not currently show in the store page of TSW itself.

• Like Like x 1
  13. novembr

novembr New Member

I decided to give the game a try hearing about the new update and everything (got a physical version for $20), and thought I wouldn't miss out on much getting it beforehand hearing about discounts for previous owners. So am I just a big fat idiot that should've waited for 2020 to get everything the previous version had plus the new stuff for only $30? So instead I'm out $50 total to get everything? :(

• Like Like x 1
  14. idiosis

idiosis Member

The deluxe edition is showing up as £40 on the store, I've already got NTP but getting 3 more routes for that price seems ok.

15. MaddMo

MaddMo New Member

I’m on PS4 USA and I don’t see a 10% off on the new route it’s showing $29.99 for peninsula corridor. It’s a shame I wanted to play it the day it came out.... TrainSim-Dmitri TrainSim-Matt

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  16. cstrachers

cstrachers New Member

I own TSW as a physical copy. I am looking at purchasing MSB and Peninsula Corridor, I already own NTP , RSN , LIRR. It works out at £47.48 to purchase the two routes. However 2020 Deluxe is £39.99 on PSN.

My concern is do I lose NEC route as it’s no longer on 2020 ???

17. MaddMo

MaddMo New Member

You won’t lose anything

18. cstrachers

cstrachers New Member

Even though my TSW is Disc not digital for base game. ? Will it auto recognise that I have previously had TSW if I purchase 2020 digital and give me NEC route etc.

19. MaddMo

MaddMo New Member

Stop over complicating it, the disk is for the base game, any DLC is STORED on YOUR PS4.. you won’t loose anything it’ll only add the routes you didn’t have..

20. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

This is very poor marketing from DTG and a downright disingenuous post from them as highlighted above. They should really offer a pro-rata discount on the £24.99 minusing off the prorportion of the routes you already own otherwise people are double paying.

For example, anybody who owned the original TSW should get 25% off as they already own GWE. If you own GWE and NTP then you should get 50% off and so on.

• Like Like x 3
  21. cstrachers

cstrachers New Member

I’m not over complicating it. You’ve missed my point NEC is base content on TSW. I know I won’t lose DLC, but no one can clarify if NEC base content comes over with purchase of 2020 Deluxe.

• Like Like x 2
  22. bart2day

That’s not what it said in the article though is it? It said ANY routes you are missing will be discounted.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

You will still need your Disc for RT and NEC as far as i know. But you dont loose those routes of course.

• Like Like x 1
  24. MaddMo

MaddMo New Member

You might need to reread the articles that were released.. NEC isn’t offered in 2020. Not sure why you keep running around the same topic. You only get what is offered MSB, NTP, LIRR. Besides there are other threads you can read that cover the same topic. This one is specifically for discounts.

• Like Like x 2
  25. novembr

novembr New Member

This is the part that also confuses me. To my knowledge, in all other circumstances on PS4, buying the digital version of something does not "stack" with your physical game. You simply have two versions of the same game, one digital and one physical. But it would work differently in this situation?

26. MaddMo

MaddMo New Member

Matt P covered this topic already.. i have a bunch of digital games so I’m not aware of this issue.. but from what I recall you might have to switch between the “verisons”

• Like Like x 1
  27. vbctv2005

vbctv2005 New Member

Any idea when 10% discount on Peninsula Corridor for USA PS4 store will go live?

• Like Like x 2
  28. novembr

novembr New Member

Okay so I'm gonna go ahead and say that is completely insane, if you're correct. Dovetail should just offer the routes included in 2020 at $10 each on PS4 so people with the og physical game can fully integrate their games without issues. Everyone else will simply buy the 2020 base game anyway, correct? I don't see the difference.

Edit: Or rather offer an "upgrade pack" for physical owners, rather than multiple separate DLC that would only confuse people.
    Edit: Although I do now see the 2020 game is labeled as a "bundle" which makes me wonder if it would actually integrate with the physical game. Could someone from Dovetail please comment on this??

29. idiosis

idiosis Member

I own NTP already so getting the deluxe edition worked out at £13 per route I didn't own.

• Like Like x 2
  30. MaddMo

MaddMo New Member

I might be wrong.. I want to say it works like how I was saying before that post. But I’m not sure.... I agree that having two separate versions is major BS. I’ve been buying digital cuz I’m too lazy to change discs

31. MaddMo

MaddMo New Member

So is this true?!?! I’ve been waiting I know it’s only a few bucks but I still want a discount. Lmk if you find out when I know Europe has it live already we might be the last to get it

32. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

Before I turn my PS4 on, I want to know will my original TSW update itself automatically to the new version as many of my games do and if so, if I then go to the store to purchase the new TSW 2020 to get the new routes, will it say you have already purchased this item and stop me buying it? Or will I end up with 2 versions of the same game? Hope this makes sense.

33. novembr

novembr New Member

If you're digital there shouldn't be a problem and they should merge. If you're physical, well that's what I'm trying to find out, as well. I contacted Dovetail for clarification before I risk any $$.

34. cstrachers

cstrachers New Member

I have TSW physical disc. And I have purchased TSW 2020 Deluxe version. I can confirm that you don’t lose any DLC or NEC / RT routes from TSW. If you have disc version of TSW it downloads only the routes you don’t already have and uses Disc as base game. You can if you wish Delete TSW and download / Install TSW 2020 base game at any point after purchasing TSW 2020 so It will then run without disc but you won’t have RT / NEC unless you use Disc.

Hope this helps you ..

• Like Like x 3
  35. novembr

novembr New Member

Thank you that is exactly what I was curious about! Still strange that they excluded original routes from the 2020 version though, seems like latecomers will be missing out if they go digital? Anyway, thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

I already had the game on xbox but fancied giving it ago on ps4 as I had a hunch it might run abit better (it does) anyway, I bought the standard 2020 edition yesterday and along with the three cover routes it also included gwr, nec and rt :) awesome deal tbh, very happy!

• Like Like x 2
  37. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I already have NTP and was planning on getting MSB and LIRR at some stage.
    So I got 2020 Deluxe for €60. Works out a great deal for me as I basically got Cal Train for free because MSB and LIRR are €30 each on their own.

• Like Like x 1
  38. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

WSR has been discounted to £9.79 on the PSN UK store!

39. Bravemarbles

Bravemarbles New Member

Where do you get this ‘bundle’ on PS4 please?????

40. xD 2Bad4You

41. Bravemarbles

Bravemarbles New Member

42. xD 2Bad4You

How many routes do you own?
    Just GWE, NEC and RT? If so, then buying the package for 29,99$ gives you 3 routes: LIRR, NTP and MSB for the price of one.
    The Deluxe Edition for 49,99 would give you also the new Caltrain route. That way you would get 4 routes for the price of 2.

43. bart2day

Well done to DTG for discounting the TSW 2020 routes for existing players as they promised they would in their article. We often criticise them on here when they go wrong but on this occasion praise is deserved for doing the right thing.

44. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

They took their time doing it though after implying that they weren't going to.

• Like Like x 1