PC Buying 2020 On Steam

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Gavin Normandale, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Gavin Normandale

Gavin Normandale New Member

Hi, was under the impression that I could rebuy TSW 2020 to get up to date with content, missing Train Sim World: Main Spessart Bahn, I have attempted to buy 2020 in steam and it won't resell as it says I already have it, is there a work around?

I have attempted to buy the deluxe edition

Gav

2. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Hi Gavin,
    Sadly you'll need to wait for Steam to update things their end.
    It shouldn't be too long.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Gavin Normandale

Hi no problem, thanks for the quick reply

Gav

4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

The time here in Tennessee is 10:49 AM and a 2 hour + download just started, following a lot of pre-allocation. It's labeled "Updating". so I don't know whether it's the 2020 update or something else.

5. Gavin Normandale

Just to clarify, I'm not asking when the download will start, asking how to rebuy it. Have downloaded and played

Gav

6. Crystal Noir

Crystal Noir New Member

Same here and I already post something about it here : https://steamcommunity.com/app/530070/discussions/0/1642045637384889741/
    The problem is that steam says that we already own the game and that's right because we have the "free upgrade" that comes few hours before. In this way Steam will never let us buy it again except if the game is packed in a bundle like they made with Train Simulator 19.

Or there is something I don't know about Steam and their mechanic that no one is capable explaining ("wait" is not an answer for me). The fact is that DTG said that we will be able to purchase it to extend our collection if we already own the game, but we can't for now and to be honest I'm not sure that "waiting" will solve the problem. Because the game is displayed on the store page as a game (that we already owned).

And you can take all the games you want on steam that you already owned, if you try to re purchase it, steam will prevent you to do it (you will just be able to gift it).

7. TrainSim-Daniel

We are aware of this issue and are working on a solution with Steam.

8. stylon

stylon New Member

Hi,

I already own TSW Digital Deluxe, and have bought most of the DLC so only 2 routes of interest to me.

If I re-buy the Digi Deluxe Version will I get the Main-Spessart Bahn route and the Peninsula Corridor?

9. TrainSim-Daniel

Steam has now resolved the issue so you're able to buy either of the TSW2020 bundles as an existing owner of the game.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  10. Gavin Normandale

11. Crystal Noir

Crystal Noir New Member

Thank you. Just a question, is it normal that Rapid Transit and Northest Corridor NY doesn't appear as DLC in the store page ? And if yes why ? I own them but I'm surprised.

12. TrainSim-Daniel

13. Crystal Noir

Crystal Noir New Member

Yes I have them, but in other words, why don't they appear as DLC in the store or why they have been removed from the store page ? (sorry for my english ^^).

14. TrainSim-Daniel

They haven't been removed from any store so I'm not sure what your referring to so maybe share a link?

15. Crystal Noir

Crystal Noir New Member

Sure : https://store.steampowered.com/app/530070/Train_Sim_World_2020/

Try to find Rapid Transit and Northeast Corridor NY in the DLC list. As you can't see they aren't there. The only way to find them on steam, if you already own TSW is to click on your library and under the DLC's list you own, click the "Find other DLC" button under the list that let you see the Dovetail Games page. At this point you can click "Browse" and find them on the second page.

But if you look at the link I shared above, this is the TSW 2020 store page, and in the DLC list they don't appear in the list.

16. TrainSim-Daniel

Both items seem to appear on Steam fine and their Steam store pages can still be found by searching for them:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/577358/Train_Sim_World_Rapid_Transit/
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/577357/Train_Sim_World_Northeast_Corridor_New_York/

As Steam only clears it's cached data once per day it's likely something that will be resolved when this occurs.
    They also appear just fine on the page below so they definitely haven't been removed: https://store.steampowered.com/dlc/530070/Train_Sim_World_2020/#browse

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  17. Crystal Noir

Crystal Noir New Member

Yes that's what I said, there are here on steam, if you search for them, or browse for DLC, but they do not appear on the common DLC list on the TSW 2020 store page. I just wanted you to know that these DLC are not listed in the official TSW 2020 store page, so if this is an issue, that makes you be able to correct it. That was just an information for you. They do not appear since the release of 2020, so let's wait for the next steam refresh to see if they appear again (or not).