PlayStation 10% Discount On New Usa Route? (yes/no?)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by MaddMo, Aug 15, 2019.

1. MaddMo

MaddMo New Member

Hey I’ve been trying to figure out if consoles get the 10% discount on the new route. I saw one person in the EU on PS4 saying he got the 10% discount for the new route. I see that PC players have it too. I also saw a streamer saying that he got the 10%off as a PS Plus member( i have PS+) I’m just really trying to figure out if it also applies to PS4 North America or why I’m not able to see the discount, I know Sony and Microsoft get to chose when they make sales but it’s annoying to see console players getting left out.. If anyone can clarify it would be greatly appreciated. Also you can actually unload cargo from the hopper in the new route on the freight train. I know this was a dealbreaker for me. Not sure if it was for anyone else!

2. vbctv2005

vbctv2005 New Member

It shows 10% off on sale for $26.99 on Steam & Xbox. But it just shows regular price on PS4 of $29.99. I'm also in the dark here as I'm waiting to buy the add-on, the 10% discount covers the tax, but if it can't go on sale on PS4 for some reason, would like to know so I can just pull the trigger.

3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yes, for me on PS4 EU it’s was a PS Plus discount. So I assume if you don’t have PS Plus you won’t get it

4. MaddMo

MaddMo New Member

I have ps+ so it should show but idk what’s wrong.

5. vbctv2005

vbctv2005 New Member

I ended up just paying the $29.99. At this point, I doubt it will be on sale on PS4 with it already on sale on Steam & Xbox. I normally only see things go on sale on Tuesdays on PS4 and I also remember reading something about they control sales or can choose when sales happen. And it's possible that new releases can't have sales on PS Store due to terms, I've never personally seen a new release on sale.

6. MaddMo

MaddMo New Member

So I talked to PSN customer service... they told me they are not currently offering the discount.. I know they control the sales but they offer it to Europe and leave us in the dust... on a USA route tooo for that matter. They had no info on when it would be available but they did confirm that sale was happening in Europe however. Bunch of slimy noodles if you ask me. Screw console I’ll be going to PC.. They told me to call tomorrow to see if they have more info regarding the matter.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  7. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I’m in the US and I have PS plus. The route cost me $29.99.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MaddMo

MaddMo New Member

Yeah I just bought it too.. it’s the principle that matters.. we are told one thing and then something else happens.. Xbox gets it then PS4 doesn’t. DTG really needs to make sure they have better terms with Sony

9. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Sadly, Sony probably don't care about the loss of a DTG game from their platform, but I bet you that DTG certainly care about that loss.
    In other words, DTG probably don't have much reasoning power with Sony. We already know that Sony are very strict with PSN.

10. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I do agree with you but in my instance, I really enjoy the game so I don’t mind giving the company an extra $4 for their work.

• Like Like x 2
  11. MaddMo

MaddMo New Member

I totally understand but the Indian in me cringes when I find out that I can’t use a discount lmaooo

• Like Like x 2