Class 66 Issues, Horn, Dvd And Brake Timings.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Clive Smith, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Clive Smith

Clive Smith New Member

Hi.

I have been driving the class 66 in TS World and have found two problems and one suggestion. First problem is the horn is very hit and miss. Sometimes the high works but not the low and vice versa, It happens with the Xbox controller, keyboard and horn lever in cab. Number two is the DVD alarm, it is far too quiet, it should be like the class 166. Suggestion is it would be very nice to have the Brake Timings buttons to work, PASS/GOODS. At moment it is locked on GOODS which should be PASS for most purposes, like towing a broken HST.

Thanks.
    Clive.

2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Hi Clive.
    There seems to be a bit of a bug in the way the Unreal engine handle's sound. On my PS4 I found that reducing the environmental audio (in options) to zero allows the horn to sound all the time. But then you loose some of the other sounds, cars, city noises etc so...

Can't say I've particularly noticed this. Is it perhaps that the cab of the 66 is noisier than the near silent 166 that the alarm is harder to hear?

The the 66's activities in the game involve moving freight so probably they never thought to model the action of the brake switch. They most likely would if creating the loco now since the newer ones seem more detailed. The HST rescue is sort of an exception - and that's more of a dead weight than a passenger run.

3. Clive Smith

Clive Smith New Member

I hope future 66's have the extra features as they are important. Unfortunately, we still cannot swap assets within scenarios. Unreal is still relatively new so hope it gets sorted. Thanks for the reply PjM.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steadfast

steadfast Member

The DSD and AWS on a real 66 are far louder than in game. Yes the cab is flipping noisy, but so too are the warning buzzers.
    Ref goods/pass, the container flats and empty HKA hoppers are 75mph max vehicles, so should be run with the loco in pass too. Pass timings are for more than just hauling passenger stock. The speed limits in the route reflect the line speed not the train's capabilities sadly. Doubt we'll ever see DTG change any of this though