PC Notes About The Nec "terminal Switch" Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by iosman1234, Aug 16, 2019.

1. iosman1234

iosman1234 New Member

Hello,

1. The opening is really great: lots of traffic in this busy yard. In fact, I had to wait for a train to pass before I could cross the tracks to my engine.
    2. Ouch! My engine derailed because I hadn't looked ahead, missed changing a switch, and wound up on a dead-end siding. Couldn't there have been a warning about this? Ah, well, restarting was very easy.
    3. It's interesting that I, the engineer, had to leave the cab to change some switches, but could change others on the 2D map. This strikes me as a lack of consistency: what's that fellow sharing the cab with me supposed to do?
    4. Although there are only a few switching maneuvers (reminds me of a "character" from Car Talk on NPR: "Peek-op Un-drap-ov"), this is an enjoyable and somewhat challenging switching scenario.
    5. Unfortunately, it is one of only two scenarios that feature switching activities, as far as I can tell, and there are no freight sessions at all -- switching or otherwise. Perhaps they'll come along soon?

thanks
    iosman

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  2. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Oooh I remember, I had to wait, too. There's a freight train passing from left hand side.
    I chilled hard and #2 happened to me, too. I quit the game after that (for that day) :)

3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Just a quick salute to someone else who remembers Car Talk!