New Routes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mikew, Aug 15, 2019.

1. mikew

mikew New Member

Hi...some may say this is a daft question but...
    In all the marketing bomf for TSW2020 it says that it comes with the Trans pennine and New York routes. Now I had TSW on disc and updated to TSW2020. Are these routes included with the update or do I have to purchase them for £24.99 each? £50 for 2 routes seems a bit steep especially when it's only £39.99 for the deluxe edition of the full game and £24.99 for the standard edition in the xbox store.

2. grahamclark259

grahamclark259 New Member

You need to purchase TSW 2020 deluxe for all new routes.

I already had Great Western and one other but repurchased deluxe to get the three routes I didn’t have.

The free update will update the UI but not the other routes.

3. mikew

mikew New Member

Ah ok...thanks
    So if I purchase the standard edition for £24.99 I will get the trans pennine, LIR and Spessart bahn lines ?
    Just confusing as the cost of each of these routes individually (buy all three separately and it costs £74.98 lol ) is the the same as buying TSW2020

4. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

If you purchase TSW 2020 you will get all three routes for £24.99. If you purchase Digital Deluxe edition for £39.99 you will also get the new Peninsula Corridor route.

5. grahamclark259

grahamclark259 New Member

Yes purchase either tsw 2020 standard or tsw 2020 deluxe to get the routes at a much better price than individually.

It’s always been this way for pc train sim. You always update the main programme for free or effectively buy game again for discounted routes if you don’t already have the routes in new version.

It is rather confusing for console owners. It should be made clearer on console stores. Some will think they are buying game again when in fact they get the update anyway and are really just buying routes in the update at a discount.

There will be those who download update and then think they have to buy the included routes individually.

Dovetail need to find away of getting this info across effectively to console owners.

I have to say that action points, medals and journeys give this game a much better sense of purpose and progression now.

• Like Like x 1