Turning Off Action Points

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by zane88, Aug 15, 2019.

1. zane88

zane88 Active Member

Hi, i was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a way to turn the AP message box at the top-right of the screen off on Xbox. This is really annoying! You can can turn various signal markers and hud elements off, but i can't seem to find a way to turn that annoying AP message off. And i hate seeing that number/score up there all the time. It makes me feel like im playing some type of ''arcade game'' and it just doesn't blend in well for me.
    Very intrusive:(

2. joshua31301

joshua31301 New Member

I don't think you can turn it off l'm pretty sure it's gonna be there permanently

3. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

On the PC the key combo is <ctrl><6> I believe to turn off the AP display. Not sure what it would be for consoles, but definitely not a permanent addition to the UI.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

I think it's the same as with all HUD customization. They are not mapped to the controller, but plugging in a USB keyboard, you can disable them as LeadCatcher suggested (CRTL+6).

5. zane88

zane88 Active Member

Thanks guys, but it doesn't work. There are other keyboard functions that work but not this one.
    I guess Dovetail wanted us "console players" to always be able to see our "arcade score" all of the time.

After all, we console players aren't REALLY into sims and we are only interested in getting the "HIGH SCORE".

We NEED to constantly be rewarded and be given candy and snacks to keep us going otherwise,we'll lose interest in the game and be forced to go back playing GTA5 and Fortnite.:| Its a shame that me and my fellow "console gamers" can only concentrate for so long before we get bored. We just cant handle "complicated" concepts, patience, and refinement ,and so we need that "visual cookie" to keep us going.

How insulting. And dont get me started about there not being NO REAL KEYBOARD SUPPORT
    Matt didn't even know if a usb keyboard would work or not. I guess only a "PC" can handle "ALL THAT POWER" that a "keyboard" needs to run properly.

ok, mini rant over. But seriously Dovetail, what a "bad" design decision. Console gamers should have the ability to turn this off when we want to.

...... just sayinn.:|

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

That' weird, because I had the score turned off before the update (using CTRL+6), and I don't see them now. I'm playing on PS4 with a USB keyboard. So maybe something is wrong with your keyboard, or DTG removed the functionality and I was just lucky I had it turned off before :o

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  7. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Those commands for the HUD never worked on Xbox with the Keyboard.
    And all calls to finally add Mouse + Keyboard support fully and official, since its an offical Xbox feature now aswell, are running against brick walls.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1