Tsw: California Commuters – And More!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Aug 7, 2019.

1. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I don’t expect anything to change. In fact they removed a fully working feature of the gates working correctly due to the fact that it has ‘performance issues’.

One step forward and two steps back come to mind?

• Like Like x 1
  2. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

hype remains at zero - until the glaring downgrade issues are put to bed. I dont see why we should keep paying for sub 2010s quality in a engine with so much more potential. if you cant even get the promo images right then what hope does the actual route have.

• Like Like x 3
  3. hottiewithabody

hottiewithabody New Member

caltrain does always operate on a push-pull operation depending on which train route it’s taking. southbound to san jose uses the pull operation while northbound to san francisco uses the push operation. if you have any other questions feel free to ask :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. zane88

zane88 Active Member

Thanks for the info. I just wanna make sure i can get a decent view from the cab section coming from both ways.
    Oh, and with a name like that, i might be askin you ALOT more questions lol:cool:

5. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

*Screenshots and images displayed in this article may depict content that is still in development. The licensed brands may not have been approved by their respective owner and some artwork may still be pending approval. Screenshots taken on Windows PC.

6. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

you must be new to TSW- nothing ever changes from WIP to release shots.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

well the lighting did change.
    PC-Millbrae.jpg PC-Millbrae (1).jpg

8. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Must be...

9. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

When WSR was announced, the bar thingy on the front of the Class 47 was straight when it should have been curved. This was fixed before the next article.

With the SW1000R, the roof was incorrectly silver (should be black) when announced. Before release, this was fixed.

So it *has* actually happened before, but only with small, easy to fix and easy to notice mistakes.

• Like Like x 7
  10. MJLevy1118

MJLevy1118 Member

Looking at screenshots from inside the cab car, and seeing a snippet of cab car in action in today's video about the TSW 2020 revised user interface experience, is anyone else concerned that the cab car's first-person camera seems positioned really far back from the front window?

One of the biggest things that's bugged me with the Train Simulator 20xx franchise and now Train Sim World is that the player is unable to freely move the first-person "1" camera along the X, Y, and Z axis, meaning you are stuck looking from pre-determined vantage points... and these are almost universally positioned too far back from the window by the game designers. Even this example at https://dtl-ghost-storage-bucket-prod.storage.googleapis.com/2019/072019/07/PC-08.jpg illustrates my point, that the camera feels set unnecessarily far back from the window, as if the engineer is slumping back in their seat as much as possible while operating.

Perhaps on paper the position is prototypical in that the camera is positioned where the driver's head would be. But if you were driving in real life, tunnel vision would kick in and your human eye would naturally adjust your FOV to focus on the front window exclusively. The in-game camera has no hope of doing the same, so you're stuck with a forward view that is too far zoomed out to be able to properly see ahead. And if you do try to zoom in with your mouse wheel, the camera then overzooms, which isn't helpful either. The dev team could compensate for this problem by more thoroughly considering where they choose to place the camera... or they could bypass the problem altogether by introducing the ability to freely control the first-person "1" camera. And since the cab is built as a 100% 3D model anyway, it seems like this should have been an obvious feature from the get-go of the TSW franchise.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Did anyone know if Matt and Dmitri announced the MP36 PH and Baby Bullet Cars as DLC in yesterday’s Stream?

12. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Hi, I don’t think they did. I feel like since it just released and they were focused on the route itself and the locomotives that came with it. I think we will see a pacer for Tees Valley before we see DLC for this route.

13. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

What is a Pacer for Tees Valley Line? I found this when I google Tees Valley Pacer but it’s from now and not late 80s upload_2019-8-17_0-55-34.jpeg

14. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Definitely not a pacer that's a class 185

15. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

So I found the road-facing side of Menlo Park's station building looked rather odd and unfinished, no windows and everything.
    Menlo Park 01.jpg
    But maybe it's actually like that in reality? Who knows... wait. Google Street View knows, lemme check...
    Menlo Park.JPG

There's even a collectible here to lure us to this place. Much wow...

• Like Like x 1
  16. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I have had so much fun driving on the Peninsula Corridor! This is the kind of route TSW was missing. A straight forward 47 mile route with amazing scenery and interesting services. Im still excited.

• Like Like x 2
  17. blue.toad555

blue.toad555 New Member

Hello, Thanks for this wonderful dlc I got it and I personally love it, It has to be the best route I have ever played out of all of the other trains. But my question is will you guys release the bullet train and the bombardier cars for this route in the future because I always wanted to use the bombardier cars and bullet train which to be honest I don't know the name for. Also it would be pretty cool if you guys can make a go train dlc for go train Canada. I would love to see that in game. I would also like a reply for any progress for the bullet train to ever come out.

Kind regards,
    Omar

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  18. Darren baldock

Darren baldock New Member

Hi guys, Danny here, I just wanted to ask every body on here, DO YOU THINK DOVETAIL WILL DO A SOUTH EASTERN ROUTE SAY FAVERSHAM TO LONDON VICTORIA OR THE OTHER ROUTE WOULD BE BRIGHTON TO LONDON VICTORIA.,PLUS OTHER ROUTES ON THE GREAT WESTERN ROUTES

19. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

Alright, this is starting to become spam. Necroposting on old articles to ask a completely irrelevant question to the topic of said post in all caps is not acceptable. Learn some forum etiquette before posting any further please. You'll never be taken seriously like this.

• Like Like x 11