Csx Heavy Haull: Sand Patch Grade - Rail Car Sound Isues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by CoyoteMan, Aug 18, 2019.

1. CoyoteMan

CoyoteMan Active Member

Ive identified 3 railcars, there may be more, that no longer have functioning rolling sounds when moving (no Clickity Clack). This problem has started to occur as of the Aug 15 Update

Intermodal Well Cars
    Autoracks
    Coal Hoppers

2. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Thank you! I was wondering if this was just me. I can confirm that this is an issue as of the latest update.

3. RMNRWY

RMNRWY Member

Same here. Way to go DTG, break something that worked before. This bug really takes away from the immersion factor, as it feels like you are pulling a silent train. So few people play the CSX:HH route and are focused on the latest DLC, that it might be some time before they fix this. I hope it's not the case, as I like this route the best.

4. RMNRWY

RMNRWY Member

You can hear how silent the train is.

AC4400CW N536 Coal Train 8:10 Newell to Brunswick

Now this is a video of how it used to sound prior to the 2020 upgrade. Daniel said he couldn't replicate this. Well, maybe he wasn't trying this specific service and listening to the coal cars pass.

This issue isn't locomotive specific like I originally thought. It is freight car specific. At this time is seems to only affect intermodal well cars, coal cars and autoracks.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RMNRWY

RMNRWY Member

Come on guys, help me out. Submit a ticket (CoyoteMan, Leadcatcher, CallumB, etc)

DTG Daniel is blaming my system, as here is his quote from the Steam forum.

"With just one single report it's hard to determine a cause so if your facing the same issue submit a ticket as for the time being the only report we have is from a single user. Due to not being able to replicate the issue internally using the data provided all I can assume is that the system is at fault."

And here is their ticket reply.

Hi Steve,

Your DxDiag notes that you have an i5 4670k. This CPU even when overclocked only has 4 available threads.

Whilst this is enough to meet the game's minimum listed requirements it's not able to meet the recommended specs and due to this certain features may not always work as intended and as they appear on other systems.

RECOMMENDED:

• OS: 64-bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8 / 8.1 or Windows 10
      • Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz or AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.8 GHz
    I have not been able to replicate your experience using the information provided when using a PC featuring a locked i7 4790 and sadly we have no CPU's available for me to test on that have fewer threads.

Many games now require 6 or more threads to run well and you can find various threads about this online if you feel like my response is inaccurate as you seem to mistake single-core performance and multi-threaded performance in your response.

At this time nobody else has submitted a ticket featuring the same issue.

Due to this right now I can only assume it's due to a lack of CPU resources so if you know anyone having the same issue whilst having an i7 or higher threaded CPU please get them to submit a DxDiag and a video similar to your own so I can provide this information to the Dev Team.

Kind Regards,

Daniel
    Dovetail Games Customer Support

No computer system issue would isolate those three freight cars and leave all the rest alone. I have a feeling that DTG have just accepted the rail clack and coupler slack sounds as proof that everything is ok.

Hey DTG Daniel, why don't you run the AC4400CW N536 Coal Train 8:10 Newell to Brunswick timetable service and post a video of the coal train as it goes by. Let me hear how it sounds. Prove to me that all the sounds are present with the coal cars as they pass. (wheel squeal, rumble, etc)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  6. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

One of the most frustrating things I find when submitting a ticket is that it always seems to be the users’ hardware which is an issue, when most of the time it isn’t.

It’s a problem with the core game, which we as players, cannot do anything about it.

7. CoyoteMan

CoyoteMan Active Member

I’ve submitted a ticket as well

• Helpful Helpful x 2