PC Peninsula Corridor Freight Activities?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Aug 15, 2019.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Here I am with my perennial prejudice again.

I'd like to hear from someone who has bought this route. Does it include any freight activities besides long runs, especially switching? I watched far too much of the Twitch stream today and they never got around to the freight engine that's part of the pack.

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

They did a little bit at the end.

3. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Yeah, haven't done too much with the freight yet but they seem to have plenty of switching in it. Was hoping the port of San Francisco and the Redwood City branch would be included they are not, but there's still some industrial switching action.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Not so much switching as local industry, but both scenarios are fun and atmospheric - as well as plenty in 'journeys' which ive yet to try.

But, csx hh it is not - if that helps

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Matt did say somewhere near the beginning (when they were going through the journey menu) what services there were and although brief on the freight at that point he did mention switching

6. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

This isn't a freight route - there's actually not a huge amount in reality. So the scenarios (2 of) and services (10+) cover some line runs and, cutting consists to unload them and so forth and essentially represents a run up to the loader, unloading, recombining and bringing them back down again, plus a few more bits.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. LastTrainToClarksville

Thanks, Matt. I'd already imagined that freight isn't dominant, but I'd hoped for something like the scenarios for the TS versions of this route. Still, you've raised my hopes enough that I'll buy it. I'm looking forward to making switching scenarios for a variety of passenger-priority routes when the editor appears -- if I can cope with it, that is.

8. LastTrainToClarksville

Further news about Peninsula freight:
    Peninsula Corridor includes 5 scenarios, of which 1 is dedicated to freight and includes some switching. In fact, it includes a switching maneuver that remains impossible in TS, thus demonstrating TWS's simulation superiority. There are 9 freight-related services, of which 6 involve some switching based on the descriptions (I haven't run any of them yet). In my opinion, that's pretty good for a route that Matt describes as "not a freight route". A tip of my hat to TSW!

• Like Like x 3
  9. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

*2 freight scenarios, actually.

• Like Like x 1
  10. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Even there is not so much freight action on the Peninsula Corridor, the main important thing is, that there's freight action at all. And the freight-tutorial, the scenarios and services make a lot of fun to me. I did the scenario at San Francisco Shunting yard with unloading the gravel cars today. I really injoyed it.

My hope for the next American Route is, that it will be a heavy freight route. And for me it would not be a problem if it's a freight only route. Because heavy freight is building America. :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. LastTrainToClarksville

How did I miss that? Time for a recount!

• Like Like x 1