Lirr Jamaica Journey Fails At Start

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Alistair, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Alistair

Alistair New Member

Train does not arrive to platform 2. Times out while train is some 900 yards away from arrival.

• Like Like x 9
  2. danjoda755

danjoda755 Member

Same experience here, thought I was missing something. Thanks for your post.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Same here.

• Like Like x 3
  4. rainbirds

rainbirds Member

Same problem for me

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Coat

Coat New Member

Lol...it's the first part of the journey. Whole thing is literally unplayable. TSW2020

• Like Like x 4
  6. Jaaymo

Jaaymo Member

Same here. For journey mode and scenario mode

• Like Like x 4
  7. dkwdaft

dkwdaft New Member

Same here

• Like Like x 3
  8. Boda09

Boda09 Member

Same here!

• Like Like x 2
  9. NekoTashi

NekoTashi Member

Same here. :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. car0407

car0407 New Member

No response?

• Like Like x 1
  11. transitmiguel142

transitmiguel142 Member

The problem is the time I raced down the track the train was coming in beyond the station so they have to adjust the time so the train arrives earlier not later, try it run down the track and you will physically see the train but by the time it gets to the station service failure occurs

• Like Like x 4
  12. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Same problem, it said Scenario failed

• Like Like x 1
  13. danjoda755

danjoda755 Member

I just skipped to the next journey. Disappointing, but it's kind of a boring run anyway. Deadheading with those not interactive passengers is dull, in my opinion.

14. riveraamark

riveraamark New Member

I submitted a ticket and I got this reply from the the help desk agent:

Thank you for contacting us regarding Train Sim World 2020.

I can confirm that we are aware of the issue described and the Dev Team is working on a fix for it at this time.

This should be available in our next update due shortly.

Kind Regards,

Daniel
    Dovetail Games Customer Support

Thank you for contacting us. This is an automated response confirming the receipt of your ticket. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible but please note that our normal working hours are 8 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday. When replying, please make sure that the ticket ID is kept in the subject so that we can track your replies.

Ticket ID: CAV-820-78631
    Subject: LIRR Scenario Change at jamaica issue
    Department: PlayStation 4
    Type: Issue
    Priority: Normal

You can check the status of or update this ticket online at: https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/Tickets/Ticket/View/CAV-820-78631

Kind regards,

Dovetail Games Support

• Like Like x 4
  15. ren007nix

ren007nix New Member

I have the same problem. Since some people already got the trophy for finishing all scenarios on this route it seems like this problem came with the 2020 update?

• Like Like x 1
  16. johnnycat1961

johnnycat1961 New Member

17. johnnycat1961

johnnycat1961 New Member

Also they need to incorporate train vibration and shaking. Bouncing around. There’s no physical characteristics whatsoever

18. dac634

dac634 New Member

Looks like when the train leaves on the other track it thinks the train for the service is leaving yet that train is still .6 miles away. I tried to run to it today... no luck!

19. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

Broken for me too, also has anyone else noticed for this scenario that there are 6 trains on the north side of the station, but aren't shown on the map? Feels strange.

Anyway this glitch is probably caused by an event failing to trigger, the train doesn't move on the map until 30 seconds or so have passed, and it's not even waiting at a signal. My guess is that the train is supposed to start moving once the scenario starts and that the game thinks you should have boarded the train after a certain amount of time and fails the scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  20. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I asked Support for an update today, as follows (but got no substantive response):
    ------------
    LIRR scenario "Change At Jamaica" does not function, and cannot be played. Consequently the first LIRR "Journey" does not function properly, and the PS4 trophy for completing all LIRR scenarios cannot be awarded.

The train that the player is expected to take over does not arrive at track 2, and scenario is failed because "train has departed without you". Failure possibly triggered by train departing from track 1, or (more likely) by the event timer and/or target train spawning too far away.

New PS4 players starting with the LIRR "Journey" will be disuaded from playing TSW2020 any further. When playing this LIRR introductory scenario is combined with the horrific experience with the "Diesel Locomotives Introduction" module on the NTP route , the average PS4 player wil just give up. Existing customers will reasonably expect a refund for the route. The LIRR route to be patched to fix the "Change At Jamaica" module, with update for PS4 fully QA checked.

ACTION: Please advise when DTG intend to fix this issue - if no date is set, please provide a refund for this route, or provide an alternative route (Tees Valley anyone...?)."
    -----------
    I am fairly new to TSW, and new to this Forum, and new to interacting with DTG. I am starting to think that maybe I am too keen. TSW is a beautiful game, runs beautifully on PS4, but clearly has some serious design flaws, that were allowed to release under TSW2020.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. ildario77

Well, beautifully... Some routes run better, but the game is full of framerate drops, stuttering, poor draw distance, etc. etc. I love it too (about 1800 miles in 10 days, lol), but is far from perfection.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  22. ildario77

And in addition to this, developers seem to react very slowly, when they react... A tunnel bug in Penn Station is still there after 1 year. I'm new to this game, but other players confirm that.

• Like Like x 1
  23. synthetic.angel

To be absolutely brutally honest..... The simulation itself does run absolutely beautifully on my PS4 Pro (although I doubt the "Pro" makes any difference). It runs better than, say, Fallout 4 (which has memory problems as you progress).

I have looked through these forums and seen dozens/hundreds of technical bugs for various routes, which I have never encountered, at all.

Even through a VR headset, TSW is very very smooth - and, on the MSB route, for example, when the long aviation fuel train passes you at a closing speed of about 200mph, with fading dappled sunlight bouncing off the tanks, the simulation looks and actually feels truly stunning.

This is the only reason why I have decided to join this forum, and spend time on it - the TSW product, on PS4, has awesome potential.

I have designed and managed scripted simulations on a similar platform to TSW, and the physics is usually computationally very demanding. The UE platform should be able to deal with the landscape stuff without a blip in the CPU's or GPU's heart rate, so the issues people experience could be down to sim design (where there are issues), but are most likely to be the host PC. Unless the focus on physics is really draining the sim's resources. But... you really want the physics, as priority, because TSW is not just a visual simulation - it's physical.

If the sim is run on a PC (or Xbox), then there could be a million reasons for bugs and crashes. But on a fully homologated platform like PS4, there should be no issues.. None. And that is what I have found... None. Except for those caused by the sometimes horrendous UI and gameplay design and scripting. So, it really grates me when I am told that my PS4 is at fault. It isn't. And Sony isn't at fault either. Or BT Openreach. Or the National Grid. Or Thames Water.

• Like Like x 1
  24. synthetic.angel

Actually, if you run towards the oncoming target train immediately, you can meet it on the track as it heads towards you, open the front door, and climb into the cab area. But you can't stop the train, or depose the engineer, and even if you are physically on this target train, the scenario still fails you within about ten seconds... for not being on the train that you are actually on...

Or, you can cross over to track one, and sabotage that train and prevent it from leaving. The scenario still fails, because you are certainly not on the target train here, and the simultaneous departure of this train with the scenario failure appears to just be a coincidence.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. ildario77

Smooth is the last adjective I would use to describe TSW. Maybe we have a different tolerance about smoothness in games, but framerate drops, micropauses and pop-ups are very very frequent. I saw dozens of gameplay videos on YouTube, PS4 and PS4 Pro at 60 fps, and ALL OF THEM show the same stuttering issues at the same spots I noticed while playing. The only routes almost unaffected are Rapid Transit and WSR. LIRR instead is a pain in the ass, with countless slowdowns and bugs.

• Like Like x 1
  26. danjoda755

danjoda755 Member

This is an elegant, interesting post. I am a well seasoned veteran gamer and retired railroaded, and, while TSW fascinates me, I've found it to be terribly buggy from the beginning. My eyebrows truly elevated when I, read your mention of the WSR. I invite you to have a go at the scenario "To The Beach", which a number if us found to be a disaster. In contrast, I've had few issues with any scenario or timetable except for journey #1, which remains unplayable.
    I look forward to reading any future posts you might submit.

27. synthetic.angel

Hi Danjoda755

I have completed the scenarios in WSR on PS4, and didn't have any serious problems. Can you let me know, what it is you had a problem with, and I would be happy to test it for you, on my (PS4) system? The WSR route, in my opinion, is much-under-rated. There are some online videos completely slating it, and unfairly, in my view. There is a subtle challenge on that route (more so with the new high score for the AP points system), that results from the really very good simulation.

I did have a problem that is peculiar to the Class 09, and I submitted a ticket on it, as follows:
    ------------
    Lock Doors Function Not Pinned To Direction on Class 09
    The lock/unlock door side is not pinned to the Class 09's direction of travel. It appears to be pinned to the direction the nose is facing. You have to select lock/unlock for the opposite side to normal, if the nose of the Class 09 is pointing opposite to the direction of travel.

It's confusing, but if it is an intended or unavoidable design feature, then users will have to live with it. Maybe the Class 09 cab could be given two virtual cab positions that are very close to each other, facing opposite directions, within the confines of the single cab. (If that would work?).
    ------------
    NB: Thinking about it now, I am not sure my proposed solution for the Class 09 would work, although logically, it should.

Anyway - let me know what it is you want me to watch out for on "To The Beach", and I'd happily get back to you. Also, I am not sure what you mean by "Journey#1" (as there are no "journeys" on WSR...?). Again - let me know, and I will test it for you.

28. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

hi

I think its you that are bugged in change at jamaica and not the train. Check this we appear here before the update but after the update we appear in other station.

29. synthetic.angel

Well, this scenario is now working brilliantly, on PS4, following today's update. The infrastructure around the terminating point is fabulous (at Long Island City).

I think that this might be the only service/scenario that makes use of this area, or maybe one of two...(?) (I could be wrong, I only quickly glanced through the Timetable). If I am right, then I hope that just a few more get added at some point. Although, I'd be happy to do this one again a few times - great opportunities for taking screenshots.

Anyway - a really good introductory scenario for LIRR...! Now fully tested, and working on PS4...!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  30. danjoda755

danjoda755 Member

Wow, my thanks for your reply. Re. WSR scenario "To the Beach", it seems impossible to achieve a running speed of more than about 16mph, thus making a shambles of the schedule. On my last attempt, a couple of updates back, I finally crawled into the terminal 45 minutes late. My system is dl'ing ver. 1.21 as I write, perhaps things might improve. I'll attempt a test run over coffee and share my observations shortly.

• Like Like x 1
  31. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Patch notes for what our latest update includes can be found in the forum thread below:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-sim-world-playstation-updates.15673/#post-93313

• Like Like x 1
  32. synthetic.angel

Well, I have now done all of the LIRR scenarios, and the relevant trophy hasn't been awarded. They are fun, so I will do them again at some point. I am not complaining about this (yet), and to be honest, I don't know if it is a known bug.

The last one, Maintenance Maneuver/Manouvre was quite superb. I only mention it, because it lines up with my other post above - I would love there to be more scenarios/modules that make use of this depot infrastructure - reminds me a bit of Selhurst Depot. I think the scenario is potentially bugged in a couple of places (cab driving options, and possible dodgy set of points...), but I have not fully tested it - I have completed the scenario.... even with this happening with said set of points (see picture).....

Train Sim World LIRR Straddle Tracks.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  33. synthetic.angel

Ah, okay - so I revisited this scenario - and I think it's fine. Actually, I think it's geniusly well done. But since this is a bug thread, I will mention one thing about the marker lights at the start, because I recall it was really "bugging" someone - the trick with the difficult marker light on the platform side, beside the coaches, is... to crouch - then you can easily reach the on switch. It's not a bug, it's a feature...!

Regarding your To The Beach run. Well - all I can say, is that the simulation is very very good. It's a challenge. And I don't want to spoil it for you too much. But I will still offer some extensive tips, as follows (DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU WANT A FULL CHALLENGE ON WSR):

- leave on time, because the run uphill to Crowcombe is really very difficult to do to schedule, I still lose three minutes, if I leave on time, and try funky tricks like blipping the throttle for torque when the gradient briefly lessens (I think this loses me time/momentum, so don't bother trying this)
    - note that a Class 09 has a supposed top speed of 27mph, and weighs 50t, so when it's pulling another 150t up a steep hill then a slow acceleration to 16mph is probably reasonable, and I personally max out at about 18mph to Crowcombe
    - when you go downhill, you can catch up time, and the same applies to the very long very slow flat speed restricted areas...
    - think about time very carefully, every second wasted at slow speed is difficult to recover, and every tiny bit of speed gained is worth a huge amount of elapsed time over a long period of time
    - note the granularity on the speedo, the 1mph marker points are very wide apart... and this means that 5.9mph is nearly 20% faster than 5mph, and 25.9mph is 4% faster than 25mph (that's a very strong clue, possibly a spoiler...)
    - note the strength, sensitivity and lag/delay associated with your braking systems: which is best for maintaining the absolute maximum speed downhill?, which brakes should you use to get a really fast stop?, and - very importantly, what brakes should you be on when you are standing at a station, and waiting for the doors to close so that you can leave very quickly? (okay, that's a big enough clue...)
    - when leaving quickly (say, at Crowcombe), what is that sudden gradient downhill, and will it make you slip if you jam on the throttle too hard?

Okay - that's enough for now, I think... ;-)

Suffice to say, WSR, with this particular scenario, is one of the highlights of TSW, for me. I actually bought TSW after I saw a screenshot of the rivets on the Class 09 (on the fuel tank?). And.... don't tell anyone this next bit.... when I walked into the Class 09 cab, I got a suddenly very strong memory of when my Dad's mates let me drive one in a South London marshalling yard... on my ninth birthday... Hush! Don't say anything! (I had to reach up to the desk to operate the throttle....!).

EDITED TO ADD: Thanks Danjoda, I think I have an idea on how to save some time (those three minutes....) to Crowcombe - I have never used the sand. I do not know if it will work, but I will give it a try! If I can get the train to 20mph up the hill, then I think it should be fine all the way to the beach...!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  34. danjoda755

danjoda755 Member

We share an,analytic approach to TSW, and I find your posts highly informative and articulate. I have also experimented with "feathering" the throttle to explore the possibility of wheel slip. It so.sometimes yields a little better acceleration, but nothing too spectacular. I also tried the sand bar on that first uphill, but gained virtually no advantage. After yesterday's update, I re-ran the entire scenario, and ended up with a completion time of about 22 minutes tardy, an improvement over my previous 44 minutes late, lolll.
    That was a nice recollection about your dad slipping you aboard and allowing you to operate. My little offering is that I am a retired New York City Transit train operator, having done 30 years on the job and qualified on everything in the inventory, electric, diesel and electric-diesels. I am well accustomed to the differences between driver's brake, direct, and dynamic brakes as appropriate to the various classes of engines. In fact, I often enough did extra duty as an instructor for operators whose driving records were less than satisfactory. My personal favorite was a unit designated as the Sperry car, a track geometry single unit. The son of a beast was LOUD, but handled with some spirit. On board inverters allowed small appliances such as a coffee maker and microwave, so onboard meals were generally quite nice (with thanks to my late wife, who was good about packing lovely meals to get me through the normal 15 hour shifts we worked).
    My one "sneak aboard" was from a friend who operated the Amtrak Acela from NYC to Florida, crew swap in Washington DC. That was an exciting swap from the congestion and stop and go service in my job. The NEC ACS 64 is a fair approximation of that experience, a chance to operate wide open and enjoy the view.
    Your discussion, insights and general conversation are most welcome and appreciated, so look for me in either general discussions or bug section of this forum down the tracks.
    Best Regards from NYC Danjoda

35. danjoda755

danjoda755 Member

Re. marker lights, I stood erect, crouched, crawled and swam under that damn train, with no effect. I generally restart the scenario then am able to get them all lighted.