Foster Yeoman

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by underwaterdick, Aug 16, 2019.

1. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

I would love to see a foster yeoman set up in the game.
    Maybe with the route being inside their quarry and one of their runs around the country.

They operated Class 59s which are the EMD locos custom built for Yeoman based on the SD40-2 but made to meet BR design requirements and British Gauge bridges/tunnels.

They also had an SW1001 for use in their quarry only. And a couple of blue class 08s.

Seeing as the SW1001 and Class 59 are similar to two already modelled in game locos (The 59 is very similar to a 66 in design) it might not be too hard to implement.
    The class 08 is already in game.

They also had special wagons made for their loads.

I believe that Foster Yeoman is now part of "Aggregate Industries" but the 59s still exist and operate under various companies.

A fascinating chapter in the History or railways in Britain, being the first private operator allowed to run on British Rail and to have an imported locomotive which they owned.
    Before they bought these, BR Locos and BR wagons were used. But the company deemed the locomotives too unreliable for their business reputation

• Like Like x 1
  2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

They are.
    Screenshot_2019-08-17-19-22-38-880.jpeg
    (Although the 59 looks similar it's also a bit different under its skin.)

• Like Like x 1
  3. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

It is different underneath, but the visuals inside and out are very similar to the 66, where only minor tweaks would be required. (Depending on how the 3D models were made originally)

The physics would have to be remodeled, but being based on the SD-40 and having some systems similar to the 66, I am sure DTG could nail it.

• Like Like x 1