Outside Sounds In Cab At Random?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by J van E, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Darthtool

Darthtool Member

This is what i fear, Im put off playing certain routes now because i know halfway through my sound with bug out.. believe it or not, fixing bugs and making the Sim run very well is good for business, i hope they put some serious effort into solving this one!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I ran across the above tidbit on making a change to the default audio quality —- makes a very noticeable difference in the sound, not sure if it will affect the exterior sounds playing in the cab or not since I haven’t thoroughly tested, but have not noticed that problem since I changed the value to “2” but have only been running on TVL.

3. Darthtool

Darthtool Member

Tvl does not suffer from the rampant audio issues in NTP and to a very lesser extent parts of the GwR line, i think in Tvl ive only once encountered the exterior sounds in the cab bug and that was easily remedied by standup/sit-down. this does not help on the NTP route however, those issues are permanent once they occur.

• Like Like x 1
  4. hightower

hightower Guest

This outside-inside thing is really spoiling NTP for me. Standing up then sitting down doesn’t sort it and it’s just murder on the ears, particularly with a headset on.

I wish DTG would do something about it. Assuming it’s an option, if it means buying a separate and more capable audio engine than the stock UE4 one then do it. Speculate to accumulate. I was looking for something else & came accross a thread from March 17 where Jay acknowledges it’s a problem that’s known about and it’s being ‘actively investigated’. So much for that.

The reality is that we simply shouldn’t be having these kinds of issues in games in 2019. This ‘game’ when looked at collectively isn’t cheap, and decent sound is surely one of the basic building blocks of any simulator. The sound engine in TSW isn’t fit to lick the sole of TS1’s shoes.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  5. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Let me post this here...

So what this means is basically expect the current sound bugs in all current and future DLC’s until further notice.

Pretty disappointing if you ask me.

781F92D9-2F26-4AF4-995B-69C54CE2DC2D.png

• Like Like x 3
  6. class350

class350 Member

I mean, at least it's finally been officially acknowledged, but god know what "soon" means. I'm still hanging out to play this game, and it's good to know there *might* be a time when I can. Chances are with a potential fix will come problems elsewhere.
    Also, I still feel like dtg made the audio way more complicated than it needs to be. Sure, it may be more realistic when it works, but with so many layers and occlusion effects and sources and whatnot, it just goes wrong. And something is far better than nothing. If they can fix it, then I'm all for complex audio, why wouldn't I be? But who knows.

7. class350

class350 Member

8. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It was posted on Discord.

9. class350

class350 Member

DO WE HAVE A FIX? DOVETAIL RELEASED A FIX! I don't know if it actually works yet though, and I'm too scared to try. Anyone got news? Is it fixed?

10. Darthtool

Darthtool Member

It appears to be fixed now, although they have maybe reduced the distance sounds can be heard in the process.. but thats a minor niggle.

all test scenarios ive tried have yielded working soundscapes.

11. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

It's still lingering around, however, I find, on most occasions, if you stand up, then sit back down again, it solves the issue and sound goes back to normal.

• Like Like x 1
  12. hightower

hightower Guest

Correct.

I believe there’s a good chance that a permanent fix will appear in the next core update.

Fingers crossed.

13. Anthony Schulz

Anthony Schulz Member

Not sure if this will help guys, it on the CSX Heavy Haul, I too have this issue popping up. I found a small solution, albeit, needs doing a little often, stand up with all windows/doors shut, the sound dies out to what it’s supposed to be

14. class350

class350 Member

Ok, well I decided to dive in and see for myself, and so far everything is good, even when rapidly pushing the 1 and 2 keys in quick succession, a guaranteed trigger before. I'm just gonna say though...
    ****ING FINALLY!
    Still, I'm impressed with the (so far) robustness of the fix considering how difficult I thout it would be to incorporate a fix into so many trains now. I might even consider buying something new if this fix proves itself, because damn I forgot how awesome this game is.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

As Matt mentioned previously, they've tackled about 75% of the issue, but they are still looking into it. As of now, it is possible to reset the sound issue by standing up and sitting down again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. hightower

hightower Guest

Dmitri,

Would you be able to tell us if they’re working on a fix for the multiple issues around saving games.

When some scenarios or services take hours to complete, not being able to save the game and go back to it confident that it won’t be completely messed up is a bit of a beggar to say the least.

Thankyou.

17. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Hi hightower,

We have resolved some issues on save games in the update, please submit new save games files that are not working to our support system, so we can review it.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  18. hightower

hightower Guest

Will do. Didn’t realise you could do that.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  19. patrick.luedke

patrick.luedke New Member

I'm sorry but can we please stay on the topic of this thread? This issue is too important.

20. hightower

hightower Guest

Well, there’s nothing else to say on the matter is there?

I hate this bug as much as anyone but we know it’s broken, they know it’s broken and are 75% of the way to fixing it. Until there’s an update beyond what Dmitri has already said then the thread is effectively moot anyway.

• Like Like x 1