PlayStation Hst On Ps4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by benarscott, Aug 17, 2019.

1. benarscott

benarscott New Member

Evening folks.
    Guessing already talked over but why does the class 43 on ps4 game only have 6 coaches. Some scenario modes it has 7 but really should have 8. Can someone enlighten me. Many thanks in advance

2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

GWE was the 2nd route created for TSW and the first they put on Consoles. They werent as experienced with the Engine, Consoles and how they do things in routes. So they shortened those trains for performance reasons. Compared to the PC Version there are also some Services less in our Version.

I believe if they would build the route now, with all the things they learned, we probably wouldnt see such a shortened HST. But since its an earlier route they did that.
    Maybe they change it in the future but that remains to be seen if its possible for them. Depends maybe on how the overall route is set up compared to the newer ones.

• Like Like x 2
  3. benarscott

benarscott New Member

Thankyou for the response. Figured with updates it would be fixed by now. Oh well. Again many thanks

4. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

For this reason Im looking out for loco dlc with GWE. The routes tend to get attention when dlc is being added.
    Flashing yellow signals
    ATP on the HST
    8 Coaches on the HST
    The tail lamp on Aggregates hoppers repositioned (fixed).
    Beefed up engine sound on the 166 when in the cab.
    Clag tweaks.
    Trains loading in plain sight tweak/fix.
    The issue on Westcountry bound HSTs tripping a silent magnet and stopping at 100 yards short at Reading.

There has been work on the GWE 2020 update. The new traffic system. The sky and damp textures look much more authentic and the rolling stock move at a better fps. Check free cam for passing trains, much smoother.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I want the Class 387 and 800 as Loco DLC for Great Western Express

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Who knows? Maybe.
    Would take a heck of a lot of work to alter the route, accommodating 800 and 387s.
    New bridges, removed bridges. Overhead wires. Track realignment/removal.
    If this was a plan Id defo be onboard. However I think its so much work that it would have to be released as a whole new dlc. The dlc I expect to see for GWE is the Riviera Sleeper, a class 08, a class 60, some wagons and the swapping in of WSR stock onto charter services.

• Like Like x 2
  7. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I notice the new "Introduction to GWE" scenario has 8 coach HSTs running without problems! True there's not too much other traffic about, but there is some.

Press the "train stop override" button as you enter the platform.
    pic_tpwscab.jpg
    That prevents the TPWS from applying the brakes until it resets after a few seconds. Same for the class 66s that use those platforms - or the 166 if you have it switched on.
    (I think it's the system picking up the east bound transmitters you cross.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

24AAA51A-75EC-4350-AD93-F04022FBADD3.jpeg I found a eight train class 43 on the scenario Aggregat Industry on London Paddington and saw a class 166 with 2 Trains.

I’ve checked on Timetable Modus the entire Map, but there is no Class 166 with 2 trains, so why there was one when I played the Scenario Aggregat Industry when I was drive the Freight Locomotive?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  9. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I think that's a 6 car HST in the picture? 6 coaches and 2 power cars.

It certainly can be done though. I'd have especially thought a PS4 Pro would have handled the extra coaches.

10. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Its been mentioned a few times now on Developer streams. The response is that its certainly something they can look into.

11. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Development from a thread on the Xbox forums. A loophole has been found where playing journey mode service on 166 1W14 then returning to timetable, adds all the extra services and has full rake HSTs. Can anyone verify this on PS4?
    Also if this is working fine as reported. Could this be the testing you need to make GWE fully fledged on console? TrainSim-Matt

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Just tried it tonight. It works, all the PC services are there inc Greenford on 166. 7 and 8 coach HSTs Paddington much busier! Running without any issues. Ive even driven the west world scenario on my ps4 slim. 7 coach hst. Lots of other 7/8 coach hsts, 166’s Aggregate and container freight parked in sidings and even a light 66 parked at West Ealing.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Yes it does work. It seems to be (I think) any service from journey mode that triggers it, not just the 1W14. In fact the journey mode seems to use the enhanced timetable/HSTs throughout anyway!

You get 71 extra 166 services plus 2 more on the HST. There is also extra AI operated branch line operations. Player HSTs are 7 car while AI HSTs are mainly 8. So it's a sort of modified PC version. It certainly breaths some extra life into the route. Runs no problem on my Pro at ~ 35 - 45 fps. No fire extinguisher required. :)

It's nice to have to stop at Acton Main Line. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  14. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

As an xbox user i can confirm this does work and works well,GWR has life in it after all

15. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

In Journey Scenario 7 and 8 Coaches, also on Journey Mode without Scenarios, I choose after a journey mode to play free game, and my 8 coaches train still available

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  16. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Let's just hope they don't "fix the problem". ;)

I see no reason to since it works without any problems that I could see. In fact it should be activated as default when you select the route.

• Like Like x 1
  17. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Would be nice to have some 'clairty' as to weather its an experiment, accidental, or was planned all along. either way it better not get taken back out

18. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

New route is the solution

19. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Down the line has 6 car 166
    You have to do the reading service.