Fishing Sim World Ps4 R2 Button

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by redryan1989, Aug 21, 2019.

1. redryan1989

redryan1989 New Member

Hey guys, love the game. I've waited a while for a good fishing game and now I'm glad I have one. My one and only gripe for the game is the R2 button (on PS4) is used to set the hook and work the lure. It causes me to set the hook when a fish hits instantly if I'm using something like a twitch retrieval. If I had the option to turn the R2 button to off for hook setting, that would make this game so much more amazing. I know it's a small complaint but it's really frustrating when the rest of the game is so good to me. Love you guys.

2. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

I have been playing this game for a very long time and didn’t even know how I hooked the fish. I just analyzed that and it’s not the right trigger that is the reel in it’s the right stick. So try this when you get a strike take finger off right trigger and pull right stick in the direction of strike. So if fish hits from left side pull left etc. hope this helps. Think the right trigger was because you were constantly reeling.

• Like Like x 1
  3. redryan1989

redryan1989 New Member

L2 is the reel button my Ps4. The R2 button is used to "twitch" or snatch on the rod. I use it for worms typically and some times swim baits to give them the effect of a dying fish. I love that the game is real enough for that to be effective by the way. But, if the fish hits while I'm twitching the rod it's an instant hook.

4. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Try using just the rod. Even for twitch I use the rod. But I am understanding you more now so you are using right trigger for twitch and fish hits it and yeah instant hook but maybe not a good hook set. I was doing that before until I saw twitching on YouTube on sabiscs channel and that’s how I twitch now. I see what you are saying on the right trigger though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. redryan1989

redryan1989 New Member

I'll check out that YouTube video you're talking about. Maybe that'll help me. Thanks for the help!

6. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Your welcome. The twitch is the hardest to do on the PS4. That video you’ll see a pattern and it still takes me a second to get the feel of it