PlayStation A Few Quality Of Life Change Requests

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Doyden, Aug 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Doyden

Doyden Active Member

Hi all.

I've just been revisiting GWE following the 2020 changes after months spent on NTP and I feel the following would be nice little improvements across all routes.

Set Journey or timetable activities so that you have a short while before you are due to leave. Or if the majority prefer to just get going then maybe have it as a configurable option how long before the service is due to start that you are placed in the cab.

I like to run with the safety systems enabled but the vast majority of activities expect you to set off immediately. 166 journey 1K64 is a good example. I unlocked the key and got going right away, keeping on the speed limit all the way to Reading and yet still arrived nearly 3 minutes late. If I'd taken time to activate AWS, DSD, lights to day, wipers on, etc before moving, I'd have been even later. Instead I have to get moving and turn all these on whilst moving.

Because of this, I always used to spawn on foot to allow a few minutes of prep but then that would kind of negate the whole point of journeys and their predetermined weather etc.

Which brings me on to the date. Could the date of the activity be added to the pause screen. As far as I'm aware it only ever used to be shown where the track map was displayed when choosing a service. The date isn't shown when choosing a journey and it would just be a nice to have for immersion.

On the debrief screen, could we see the medal attained? Currently, I have to exit the journey back to the main menu, go back into journey, choose the section I was in and then I can see the medal I achieved for the last run.

I think this has been mentioned elsewhere but I'll add it again. I did a service earlier which required stopping at several stations along the way. On the debrief screen, I was unable to scroll to view my stopping accuracy or time keeping for the later stations. It is also not possible to scroll the pop-up (long press touchpad) schedule. Maybe a swipe of the touchpad could work?

Please utilise the four corners of the touchpad for additional controls. Each corner can register as a separate input as used in Elite Dangerous. It would be handy to use this for say the high and low notes of the horn.

Sorry for the lengthy post!

• Like Like x 7
  2. idiosis

idiosis Member

Totally agree with you regard the touchpad controls, it's nice how they've merged some of the dpad menu options. That said the extra functionality such as shifting AFB with the touchpad for would be useful.

The EM2000 on the Class 66 displays the date GWE is set by the way.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

All valid points, certainly need time to set up the train before leaving

• Like Like x 5
  4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Agree. For all the items mentioned to be set up, PC players can just hit a single key for each. Takes a while on console. I know we can get a keyboard also but I really don’t want one hanging about

• Like Like x 1
  5. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

The DS4's touchpad is very underutilized on most games. It's often just used as an extra button when in can do so much more. I think it's even multi touch - zoom maybe DTG? ;)

The built in light bar could also be used to great effect. They could perhaps get it to display the upcoming signal. I'm sure it can do red, yellow and green. And probably flash!

I'll add both to the wish list. :)

• Like Like x 1