Euro Fishing Xbox One Update Is Now Live

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by DTG Darren N, Aug 8, 2016.

1. DTG Darren N

DTG Darren N Active Member

• Like Like x 3
  2. Brain B

Brain B Member

Just downloaded and checking it out as I write this.

3. Brain B

Brain B Member

Haven't played yet, but love the Boss Fish additions!

4. FishermensFriend

FishermensFriend New Member

Well done guys on getting update done! Can't wait to try it out

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brain B

Brain B Member

Whelp...1st thing I did was a single player tournament in Spain.

First peg I could not claim and set up.

2nd peg, claimed and set up, but no option for inventory. Can't change hooks etc...

6. Brain B

Brain B Member

Rod selection is an option on screen, but not working.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  7. Brain B

Brain B Member

Freedom fishing, setting up, rod selection, etc, works.

Solo tournaments, still as mentioned above but something else.

You get your 1st peg, and stuff is set up for you as you stand there. Music is still playing. I can use peg as normal even though, "Y" is not on screen.

But...if I go to screen to choose a random peg, music stops playing. I back out and do not choose a random peg, stay at the original and now can not change rods or gear.

If I change pegs, nothing works.

8. Brain B

Brain B Member

Yes...if I press B to go to map in solo tournaments, music stops playing and I can not do anything.

Will check this out with Live Tournaments.

Peg use is fine if you do not back out to get a random peg.

9. Brain B

Brain B Member

First two attempts at Live Tournament and game crashes to Xbox home screen.

10. Brain B

Brain B Member

Reboot 2x...timers still counting down on Live Tournament, but crashes to Xbox home screen once again.

On the 3rd time it did not crash I selected all pegs and things are working fine.

Every time I select a new peg, however, I get the message that I'm going to lose my last peg because of straying too far.

11. Brain B

Brain B Member

Love how other lines do not lose the fish while reeling in one catch.

Vibration, makes my hands tingly. But works great. Y axis is good.

Fishing does feel a bit better and more accurate.

Besides the crashes and solo tournaments, this is a step in the right direction for sure.

Edit: Fish in the love tournament did not go to ground and break line. It went into the clouds and broke the line.

Edit 2: I have lost 2 fish to the clouds now. Fish was in front of me, then disappears only to magically appear above me and snap.

12. FishermensFriend

Just put update in I loved this game before but the vibration totally makes it brilliant!! Well done guys MASSIVE Improvement!! :). I must be one of the lucky ones I don't have any trouble with my tournaments.......Tight lines all fish to catch:)

• Like Like x 2
  13. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

Good to see the update. . . . worth noting that as others said game regularly crashes back to home screen when entering live tournaments - No change since update still crashing - maybe one for next update as seems common experience 4 all who play . . . .anyway fish too catch o'clock me thinks. . . . . . .

• Like Like x 1
  14. Brain B

Brain B Member

Vibration doesn't work while float fishing? Only after you strike it.

15. Brain B

Brain B Member

Fishing off bridge in live tournament...these fish are going everywhere. Through the bridge, up trees, in the air.

There is more play with the tension, and line does not snap immediately as it did before when in the red. But still.

Was really hoping console update wouldn't bring around the trouble the PC players had with it.

I am going to do a hard shutdown of the console and see if that changes anything... If not, looks like sticking to freedom fishing.

16. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

Freedom fishing seems ok, actually caught a 8lb carp on 3lb line :/
    Hope they sort out the tournaments for those who do them.

17. Brain B

Brain B Member

Line breaking when reeling in fish with no problem, get to the peg and immediate red break. (Could be my rig may be incorrect now that changes were made and I have to adjust.)

Above happening in live tournament far right peg.

The fish in the clouds and trees were on the bridge.

Sorry for multiple posts. I'm trying to type them in as soon as they happen.

18. Killer40NL

Killer40NL New Member

no new lakes??

19. Brain B

Brain B Member

Not yet...but a lot of different fish to get and the feel of a fish on your rod makes the fight a little realistic. Especially if you have the wrong rig.

20. I PSY2PAC

I PSY2PAC Member

Hello, the update does not take place and tournaments are stuck on Xbox One

21. Brain B

Brain B Member

Yes, it took 3 tries for me to get in Live tournament. Other times the Xbox went back to home screen.

Solo tournaments are broken right now.

22. I PSY2PAC

I PSY2PAC Member

I launch the console and the update is performed ;)

• Like Like x 2
  23. KOpitE2011

KOpitE2011 Member

• Like Like x 1
  24. Brain B

Brain B Member

I'm finding that there is a lot more emphasis on your rig and tension. Makes some of the smaller fish a challenge, even with the correct setup.

Besides the bugs mentioned in previous posts, the fishing is still top notch.

25. I PSY2PAC

I PSY2PAC Member

Several things to say about the update. The update was during my 3rd session of the tournament that has error in the classification and the end of my session, none of my fish have been validated. Then in the profile, the boss fish is descriptive in English whereas before the update, it was in french.

26. Brain B

Brain B Member

You just passed me on leader board. You're 24 and I am 25...for now. I only have one session left.

27. I PSY2PAC

I PSY2PAC Member

fish always goes under the rocks and breaks the line. The vibration of the joystick is too strong. I am disappointed with this update because the most important have not been modified.

28. I PSY2PAC

I PSY2PAC Member

I never finish the tournament because I find wrong that one session is not been counted.

29. Brain B

Brain B Member

That does suck that happened.

Vibration is very strong, but I've gotten used to it, especially during a long reel in.

I was having fish get lost in the sky my 1st time doing the tournament.

30. I PSY2PAC

I PSY2PAC Member

Even vibration for a roach or a catfish. Fish always goes under the earth and rock .. Applications that do not serve add the update (keep press A to take a position) that do not have any interest. You've done an update which is useless and all the problems encountered on the lakes, nothing have been done. I am very disappointed and wonder if you test your games before you sell it, because after a big expectation of the update, nothing important've been done.

31. I PSY2PAC

I PSY2PAC Member

You were censer convey our critical concern to people, out for me, we did not listen and you change things without interest. Even the boss fish are described in English when we had them in french .. Find the error! very disappointed ..

32. QPD77

QPD77 Member

Played the update last night, still losing fish to immediate redline mid-fight which is disappointing but the vibration feedback is a nice touch, the peg close option is better too. Still got loads of Boss Fish to catch so loads of life in the game yet. I don't do the tournaments though, should I give them a go? I'm not very competitive by nature haha!

33. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

Definitely recommend the tournaments . . . very entertaining despite the ongoing relatively minor glitches. . . .

34. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

Glad to see the tournaments now match the length stated on web site . . . would be good to see the lakes/days/species rotate a little to avoid too much repetition & keep everyone on there toes. . . .

35. QPD77

QPD77 Member

Cheers mate, may have to have a look but as I say I'm not in the least bit competitive lol

36. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

Well, having played it a lot since the update, I can't see what has improved!
    In fact I think it's worse. All I found better was that the thinner line seems to break less.
    Still being thrown back to the dashboard when host leaves a game, heavy line still snapping too easily, rumble feature doesnt add anything and is far too strong, fish still swimming up the bank.
    What's been added that makes the game more playable?
    Do we have to wait another month before these are fixed again?
    And for those having at a go at those who want their money back...I don't think thats unreasonable, the game doesn't play as advertised.

37. QPD77

QPD77 Member

I think no matter what is done, not everyone will be happy......the feedback on the controller is pretty good once you get used to it. I think it's what people want to get out of it. I use it because I am not allowed or able to go fishing for real every night haha! Everyone needs to chill a bit, it's not as if lives depend on the outcome or anything

• Like Like x 3
  38. FishermensFriend

The rumble on the controller may not suit everyone BUT you can turn it off! We asked for it and they gave us what we asked for!..........its that same old saying......."You can please some of the people some of the time but can't please all of the people all of the time!" For me its still the best £14.99 I've spent on a game! Many developers promise updates and never bother to put them in or even listen to feedback, in my opinion the guys have done a great job so far let's give it time to settle and give them time to continue to make the game better.

• Like Like x 3
  39. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

Is muchly enjoying game as it is. . . .'game' being the operative word. . . fills the gaps between being on a real bank catching fish ( sometimes !! ;) ). . . .a bargain in my book. . . but hey ho what do i know lol. . . at least ya can have 15quid worth of forum rant
    whenever ya like !! :)

• Like Like x 2
  40. KOpitE2011

KOpitE2011 Member

Could'nt agree more pal well said!

• Like Like x 1
  41. KOpitE2011

KOpitE2011 Member

I for one love the vibration feedback makes playing the fish more enjoyable,but like already mentioned if its not your cup of tea then just turn it off.I've not had too many issues since update really just lost a couple while trying to land another which happens in real life angling and lost a few in snags and reeds which again happens.

• Like Like x 2
  42. freak

freak New Member

shut up crybaby stop complaining over an 18 dollar game you act like you spent 60 dollars on it ppl like you make me sick

• Like Like x 1
  43. freak

freak New Member

its an 18 dollar game shut up crybaby if i could give you idiots your 18 dollars back i would so it would shut up all you ppl whining about an 18 dollar game WOW!!!

44. KOpitE2011

KOpitE2011 Member

Theres a new post titled 'Losing Fish' for people to read regarding the update which is on the Home page.

45. NeoN Nosferatu

NeoN Nosferatu New Member

You should understand that civil law (torts) is argued using judicial precedents. So since EA was successful then the defending lawyer for Dovetail just needs to point that out to the judge and it will be thrown out also. You are clearly just a mad little boy with far too much time on his hands, but just to clear this up some more lets give you a little lesson on how this works. Dovetail will have submitted the game to Microsoft to sell on their digital platform, Microsoft will do testing and decide if it should go on there. Since Dovetail are a reputable company, I doubt there was much trouble doing that. Now here is the interesting part, Microsoft takes a cut from any games sold, same way that a shop would for distributing the game. Microsoft pays out the money to Dovetail quarterly minus their cut meaning that Microsoft will be a joint partner in the venture. Therefore technically you would have to sue Microsoft to get your money back and not Dovetail... and if you think that EA are big then good luck with Microsoft kiddo. Dovetail are also a UK company registered in the UK and since they have no ties to the US, so good luck trying to enforce any settlement against them.

Microsoft/Xbox take around a week/two weeks to respond to most complaints (which is how you go about things) and a majority of the time they send back a sorry but we cannot help you as the game in question is in working order. So I know that is a lie, it also costs money to file any lawsuit, the money to petition the court, the money for legal services etc, so once again that is a lie. You also said your bank got the money back for you, which is a charge back since the bank legally cannot speak on your behalf to Microsoft and you more than likely spoke to some phone monkey who has all the power of a AAA battery in the banking food chain.

Now next up you will say that your daddy works at Microsoft or the bank or any other positions of power. Let's face facts you are a 12 year old who bought the game using daddy's credit card and lost a fish and because you are the greatest computer game player in history its the games fault and not your own so decided to come have a rant, then rant some more and then rant again. Also why do I care? I really don't, I just find stupid kids such as yourself a lot of fun with the fairy tales you come up with. Anyway I have had enough fun with this, back to hunting for Megladon.

46. Brain B

Brain B Member

I like it more and more as I play it.

Getting used to and paying attention to vibrations and tension on the line make it more fun getting these fish.

I've had bumps but nothing game breaking.

Only other time I've had more fun fishing on a console is a Zelda game.

47. I PSY2PAC

I PSY2PAC Member

Yes I agree the above, but when you are a fan, you want the perfection :). They look an update with little boring functions and deliver you the other beug (when you take a catfish now, the fish you out, do not look like the one you see) whereas before the update , this did not happen. Such, will have one problem with the fish that pass under the ground and that have not been resolved. Hoping that the above work for the next update. I know that its takes time (I'm not patient lol) but I am already very happy to have a fishing game on xbox one and I commend them for it.

• Like Like x 1
  48. I PSY2PAC

I PSY2PAC Member

just speaks well for thy '' shut up '' we are on. Be polite thank you

49. QPD77

QPD77 Member

Another keyboard warrior getting up in arms about a computer game.....whoop de doo! I tell you what Snugglepuss, why not make your own fishing game..... I am sure you can bring something to the table from your darkened basement that would be so much better than this FISHING GAME........or, dry your eyes and get out of the usual modern notion of suing everyone because you don't get your way.

You need to lighten up buddy, the heart attack is coming your way!

And one more thing, Spartacus.........you don't have a majority of people on here hating the game, everyone else is just quietly getting on with real life while you piss and moan

• Like Like x 2
  50. FishermensFriend

Well after reading the "Testimony" of Mrxsnugglepuss......I guess am among the 15ppl that like the game!! I'm happy with the Game I knew what I was buying before I parted with my £14.99 or $19.40!!! Is it really worth bursting a blood vessel over?? If you got your money back well that's your perogictive ours is we are happy with what we got and happy with what is being put in! Now let's politely say go take a flying fish and let the rest of us enjoy the fact WE HAVE FISHING ON XBOX1.:):) You've had your rant now get off the bank and let the rest of us talk fishing cause you've no need to be here now, after all you took your money back so you don't have a say in what we have Happily Paid For Cya!!!!...........waves from the other bank fishing rod in hand:D

• Like Like x 2