PC F40ph-2cat Introduction - Stuck On Manage Speed Step

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TalesFromHoth, Aug 24, 2019.

1. TalesFromHoth

TalesFromHoth New Member

Not sure what this game wants me to do. It has me on the manage speed step and this is right after it explains how the lap brake works. I'm using the lap and throttle and stopping and starting the train, but it will never pass the task. I get to a red light and the game wants me to keep applying power and of course I pass it and it fails.

What am I missing here? is my game bugged?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  2. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

There's an unfortunate timing of events in this tutorial. If you're even slightly hesitant about getting on the power when the game tells you to, you won't have reached 50mph by the time you get to the yellow signal aspect. Naturally, you'll need to slow down here, and stop at the following red. Only after that signal clears can you accelerate back up to 50, which takes quite a while.

I think this could be tweaked by (1) telling you clearly what your target speed is, and (2) making it slightly lower, so that if you're hesitant in applying throttle, you can still make it before the caution signal.

3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The target speed is on the HUD.

4. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

The speed limit is on the HUD, yes. It's not immediately apparent that this is the 'indicated' speed you have to reach. In fact, cautious drivers would probably aim for about 49mph, so that there's no danger of accidentally overspeeding. This, of course, will not trigger the objective, leaving the new player mystified.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

They have this "task" in all the tutorials IIRC, and i agree that they should make the target speed more clear.