Lirr Question

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by wdmo33, Aug 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. wdmo33

wdmo33 New Member

It’s not really a problem I guess but I’d like to know why the trains on ILRR are not stopping at all stations, for example a train from NY Penn to Hempstead on the beginning doesn’t stop at Long Island or Hunterspoint station. Would be grateful is someone could tell me.

Also have anyone else had the bug with the “too short stations” that the train just didn’t fit?

2. johnnycat1961

johnnycat1961 New Member

It’s impossible to stop at hunters point ave when your going east through the tunnels from penn station. Your pretty much past hunters point ave when you come out of the tunnel. Also on a different track. You’d have to continue east to the next interlocking and change ends than continue west. Doesn’t make sense.

3. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

In TSW, I think the only time the LIRR trains will stop at Hunterspoint Avenue station is when they are going to/coming from Long Island City.

4. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately in TSW, it only goes to Hunterspoint Av on one scenario(Change at Jamaica) other than that, that station is ghost town smh...they need to make more service in the future, in and out of Hunterspoint Av and LIC

• Like Like x 1
  5. cmander36

cmander36 New Member

Also, IRL I think electric service stops at Hunterspoint. To my knowledge, there is no 3rd rail at LIC.

6. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

The platforms being WAY too short may very well be realistic in fact. The Americans seem to love doing it this way. As a passenger you have to know which cars will come to halt and which won't if you want to get off there. Also, some small town Amtrak "platforms" to this day are nothing but some pavement next to the track, or even just compressed soil or gravel. As if it was 1870.