Peninsula Corridor Issues And Questions

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Rudolf, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

High, no such thread yet, so I created one.

I have a question already.
    In the "Clean and Tidy" scenario once you come at the refuelling station, you need to activate the brakes. I tried but it seems I cannot find the correct settings to satisfy the instructions. The instruction is give while you are in the cab car, but it seems you need to go back to the engine and do there something. Can anyone help me out here?

2. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Small bug: the action points you get if you play from a Journey are not displayed if open the scenarios part. It shows zero points there, but it shows the medals.

3. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

From memory, I went back to the locomotive to put the brake

4. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Before going through the washer, I had switched from the cab car to the locomotive as I would assume proper procedure would be. When I did so, I properly shut down the cab car including switching the brakes out. On the step to set the brakes where you are having the problem, I had to fiddle a bit with the brake handle in the locomotive to get that instruction to complete. I released the brakes then slowly started apply them till the instruction cleared. Hope that helps some.

5. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

I'm stuck even earlier in this scenario. Having shut down the loco cab and changed ends at San Jose, I get into the cab car, throw the three main switches, insert the reverser, select forward, cut the brake valve in, release the brakes, wait for them to come off, and apply power, as instructed.

The train does not move. PCS is not activated. I went through a full PCS reset just to make sure, but I'm still going nowhere. What am I missing?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

One question about brakes:
    What's the HOLDING position for?
    Thanks!

7. grahamsarea18

grahamsarea18 Member

Major issues with brakes, sounds, lighting. Did anyone even check this game out before making it available? Or did they just throw together whatever crap they could and sell it to us? I think probably the latter. To give you an idea of what I'm talking about the crickets are louder than the train while it going 45 mph. And horn only works around 25% of the time. This would be a really fun add on if it was done right. Buuuuuuuut..... even as is it will take alot of time, research and development update patches. Just to get this game to an acceptable condition. The money I used to buy this game and multiple add on's/dlc's wasn't messed up or defective. So I believe DTG and any developmental partners owe me big-time. If we don't buy this crap they are all out of a job. And we the consumers need to start holding them accountable instead of them holding us hostage waiting for updates to fix buggy game once they have our money.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

For me, Service 330 towards San Jose Diridon cannot be finished. I get a red signal about 8km away from my final stop, and it never clears. Then there is a line of trains towards San Jose Diridon, also all waiting behind red signals, and in San Jose Diridon there is a Cab Car Service that has a 'pass at restricted speed' (I believe, singal was one red on top flashing and 2 static reds below), but never passes that signal. I believe this service caused all of this.
    Also this was not a loaded save. Maybe someone can try and reproduce if they also get that bug?

9. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Is red-blinking red red not for proceed slow? Did you save and try?
    Edit: Sorry, misunderstood, forget about it

10. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Running service 257 to San Francisco, I got a double white indication at the single-headed ABS signal 247-1 (between Belmont and Hillsdale). The top light (green), as well as the bottom one (red), showed lunar white. I can only imagine, that this was a strange bug because US signals only show one color per signal head and I don't know of any indication, which uses two lunar white lights.
    (Forgot to take a screenshot of this)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Also: Is it normal for the signals to show an Approach Limited one signal ahead of Advance Approach? Due to another train just a few blocks upfront, I ran mostly on yellow but while waiting at a station, the signal changed from Advance Approach to Approach Limited? Is this realistic or something of DTGs technical finesses which we all love?

12. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

I can't answer for how it is in the real world but if you look at the Caltrain signalling rules it also makes sense, walking you down to a stop. If there's a train in front of you, they've advanced far enough ahead to change the signals.
    Approach Limited - Proceed prepared to pass next signal at limited -->
    Advance Approach - Proceed prepared to stop at second signal, begin reduction to limited speed after passing signal -->
    Approach - Reduce to medium speed, prepared to stop at next signal -->
    Stop

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Service 268 exit signal at San Fransisco is showing signal aspect wrong way around. Next signal showed Medium Clear, this signal must show Approach Medium (Yellow over Green) and not Green over Yellow.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Jobs on Peninsula Corridor are buged!
    I found all of them, but two can't be collected becasue backside of station buildings are inaccessible on foot.
    Map at Burlingame and Poster at Menlo Park.
    Do someone found secret way to get there???

15. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I have not been able to find a way around to the backside of either building.

16. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

I ran the "UP3 Southbound Loaded Hoppers" service and encountered some bugs with the UP GP38. I did save & resume twice and it seems after resuming, the game got worse.
    There was one point where I was doing the grade crossing horn signal and then the horn just cut out - pressing the spacebar/using the actual lever in the cab would still trip the bell, but there was no horn audio. It did still work on the trailing GP38s, but the lead unit did not. There were a few times where the compressor start sound would get stuck in a loop. I believe this only happened if the bell was on at the same time, but not 100% on that.
    I had the "rolling" noises from the hoppers disappear (like the CSX issue that's also being discussed), I'd still hear the slack in the couplers and when it rolled over a switch. Weirdly I also could get them to come back on the free roam camera, but the cameras tied to the '2' and '3' keys either didn't have them, or would play it intermittently. Enough camera switching and they came back.

And then, when I finally got to the yard you have to stop in, and went and uncoupled the cars, they all jumped forward and this happened: TSW_1566696379_00.png
    This is something I usually get when I do switching activities. The hopper cars (at least some of them) started making noise (equivalent to rolling down the track at a fast speed) - in the past I've also had the cars start shaking. Thankfully, I was able to get the locos away and finish the service, but I have in the past, when needing to couple back up to cars when this happens, had the train derail.

• Like Like x 2
  17. mebond

mebond New Member

I was able to duplicate the bug, both without and with a loaded save.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Michael Newbury

Question in both of your cases did either of you press TAb to contact the signaler to get permission to pass the signal.

19. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

I did, didn't help. After all there were a dozen trains in front of me lined up and waiting on signals as well

20. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Was the scenario on a Monday of the first day of the new school year???? Sounds like what happened to me on the interstate heading to the airport this morning —- everyone stopped for no reason...... :).....

• Like Like x 1
  21. Michael Newbury

I had a chance and ran this service and had no issues was able to finish with no issues.

22. patman9_0

patman9_0 New Member

I've noticed that a lot of the northbound services start from Diridon station at the wrong platform or at the wrong time. I has lead to some strange signalling down the line.

23. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

So... I have 3 oddities so far (I'll have to check on the Menlo Park poster issue)
    1: The Map at Burlingame is unreachable
    TSW_Coppo_1567276545_00.png
    I have not been able to get any closer from this side of the building
    2: I found a crossing with the barriers up! (although the alarm was still sounding)
    TSW_Coppo_1567267260_00.png
    3: some flying trees
    TSW_Coppo_1567199569_00.png

I've found a couple of "breakout" locations, but I still find the way the boundaries are set baffling, especially around station buildings...
    John

• Like Like x 1
  24. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

- Unknown signal aspect shortly after leaving San Jose
    20200213192651_1.jpg
    - New Baby Bullet Cab does not include an alarm reset

25. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

That is an "Approach Diverging" aspect, which means "proceed prepared to advance on diverging route at next signal at prescribed speed through turnout". Basically, a train passing that signal will need to slow down before the next signal to take the switched route.

26. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

TSW_Coppo_1581793369_00.png This level crossing is still broken... :-(
    They could also do with a bit of matching the road to the trackbed...
    However, on the plus side, at least we know the barriers can work...

• Like Like x 1
  27. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

Not really a bug as such but GODDAMIT DTG MADE A FLIGHT SIM WHY ARE THE JET ENGINES SO FAR APART? 20200214233625_1.jpg
    (sorry for the caps lock but damn how do you mess this up)

• Like Like x 2
  28. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

I'm actually staggered that someone took the time to source, build, texture, and animate this model into the sim instead of merely grabbing one that they've already made. DTG has been very good at recycling assets, so why is this one new?

Also, until your post, I hadn't even noticed the planes on this route, let alone the engine placement.

29. EchoKilo

EchoKilo Member

An oddly behaving graffiti between Burlingame and Broadway stations. At least when driving an UP GP38-2, the graffiti projects itself on and into the loco/train.
    20200317141721_1.jpg 20200317141722_1.jpg 20200317141744_2.jpg 20200317141819_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  30. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Yes, I already had this phenomenon

31. Michael Newbury

Same here I also had this passing by that same graffiti

32. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yep, I posted the graffiti glitch before in the Brunel's Beard thread. Very odd.

33. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does the second F40 in 901 not work for anyone else? The train takes ages to get to speed using only one.