Keybind Bugs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by pschlik, Aug 19, 2018.

1. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

With the awkward AFB keybinds, I was intent on going into the settings and fixing them myself to be more reasonable. I was annoyed to find that I could not change the keybinds, so I decided to make a write up on every single keybind ever-and I found basically all of them to be broken! But then I had to reset the keybinds after messing with them a bunch....and when I reset, everything started working.

So, this is a much smaller post than I expected. Perhaps the main bug of note is that some key commands can not be changed unless the keybinds have been reset recently.

Also one for the books, I can't set any keybind to include spacebar or enter, as hitting either of those will close the options menu...grr.

Anyway, here are some keybinds that could use tweaking (but aren't broken):
    There are two keybinds, Couple Button and Uncouple Button, that only apply to the 166, which makes them a bit redundant. Also, the list is alphabetical, so those two settings are nowhere near eachother! It's overall really counter-intuitive.

The Warning Devices/Signalling Systems "Enabled" settings could use a rephrase, as these binds toggle the systems, not just "Enabled" them.

Both "Cruise Control Switch Toggle / Increase" and "Master Switch Toggle / Increase" have the opposite word order as the other Increase / Toggle binds (increase first, toggle last)

And there are some key commands that exist, but completely lack a keybind!

Despite the presence of the key combo Shift + L, used to reduce the cab light setting, there is no keybind on the list to change that key command.

And even though the N key has been around since GWE as a way to trigger the second tone of a horn, there is no way to rebind this-and some people really like to use B as the second tone!

EDIT: As someone just pointed out, there's also (Shift +) Control + V as keybinds to control wiper speed, but neither of these has an option to be changed. So you might set wipers to say U, will, even with it set to U, (Shift +) Control + V will still control wiper speed.

But of course, some keybinds are outright broken:
    There is a "Bell 2" keybind setting. However, this isn't used anywhere so its pretty pointless.

Same goes for the "Horn 2" setting. There's a horn 2 setting but not a horn tone #2 setting...crazy.

The "Master Switch Decrease" setting defaults to "any key" and there is no way to rebind this setting. However, Shift + Control + W still functions as a master switch decrease keybind.
    any key.PNG
    The "Walkway Crossover" settings mention (Shift +) Y as the key associated with the walkways. However, this is a complete lie. C is the key that controls the walkways!

So yeah, compared to the original list I had, where about half the keybind settings did not work at all, this is much more reasonable. At least I can not worry about all these occasionally crazy keybinds!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. tnleeuw

tnleeuw Active Member

For me, the ' key for setting the brakes doesn't work. It's bound, but the sim doesn't respond.

There's no issue with that key in TS2018, I have bound the brakes to a different key (rather confusing but at least it works via keyboard now).

3. Nurd6

Nurd6 New Member

Necro-posting but Master Switch Decrease still unable to be re-bound.

4. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

And highjacking: How do I map the Timetable (ESC-View - says the key is "none" but is not changeable in options) to .. let's say "T"?