Fishing Sim World Channel Catfish Looks!

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by Vintage1944, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Vintage1944

Vintage1944 Member

Does anyone else think the Channel Catfish look weird? like over thick or round or something maybe could use a rework I know they are new but they could look better!

2. dustinodom256

dustinodom256 New Member

Hey what did u catch the channel cat on

3. Killjoy Dos

Killjoy Dos Member

They seem too big for what their weight indicates. A 3 pounder i caught looked like 15

4. omniblack0

omniblack0 Member

some of the largemouth bass look weird also.. I don't know if they added a new retextured bass or what but it did not look good.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

I noticed that too on the bass. I caught a largemouth and a small mouth that looked almost identical. I did notice that the northern Canadian black bass pattern is on some of the fish that one looks ok. I think they were trying to bring in the F9 hybrid largemouth bass pattern and it ended up looking strange. The channel cats size is definitely way off they look huge at small sizes. Wonder what the 40 lb one looks like must be like megladon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. shipleydarrell

shipleydarrell New Member

Any body catch any trout on Waldsee since pro update?

7. dcamwlk

dcamwlk New Member

Do you mean bergsee? There aren't any trout in waldsee

I have caught one spinning on bergsee with a rat-l-trap 2.5 inch and 12lb line. If you spin with anything you should see them following the lure in but it does seem to be tough to actually catch them. Keep trying and you will be rewarded!

8. redryan1989

redryan1989 New Member

I love catfishing and really hope they keep adding some American style catfish but yes the channel cats are way off. They're too round in the head and they're entirely too big. Flat head catfish are the real monsters of the water. We need some of those. And let me use dead bait from my damn boat and actually catch fish!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

They mentioned more American cats recently on stream. Blue and flathead on list possibly bullheads as well. They noticed channel cats are glitchy the hands holding the catfish is the funny part. Also mentioned a boat with rod holders so kind of a moving peg but on the water. Hope that comes pretty soon as we can fish multiple rods from the boat. Hope this helps

• Like Like x 2
  10. redryan1989

redryan1989 New Member

Yessss!! You just made my day my friend.

11. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

I want this feature too and the American cats. Flathead going to be interesting because they love the live stuff and that unfortunately will probably never be in the game because of the harming of fish. Don’t forget the alligator gar they smirked when I asked that one.

• Like Like x 1
  12. redryan1989

redryan1989 New Member

Oh man. I've been waiting for gator-gar since I got the game. You want a fight? Snag a gator. That would be amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Yeah definitely agree. Only other species I have heard possibly coming is salmon that they did confirm in near future and peacock bass not sure when. Not sure about stuff like bowfin, snakehead, paddlefish. Think more trout possibly coming because eventually think their goal is to add fly fishing which could mean brook trout. I would love to see lake trout myself. I am curious with the catfish if they are going to put in monsters like a 150 lb blue cat and say a 110 lb flathead.

14. redryan1989

redryan1989 New Member

I can't even imagine fly fishing with the total cast controls.

15. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Probably have to be modified for fly fishing

16. omniblack0

omniblack0 Member

I would assume peacock bass to be added in the upcoming bass pack update mentioned for Sept 12th I do believe. They said something about it in one of the streams a week or two back. That's all I've heard about bass. Would be nice to see other types of catfish partly why I haven't gone after catfish is because of the lack of variety. Also maybe some of species of blue gill in the game would be nice. Like sunfish blue gill. I haven't seen or caught too many bluegill yet.

17. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Looks like next update is salmon. 2 types. Believe I got it right when I guessed which two types.

• Like Like x 1
  18. dazzelle

dazzelle New Member

That is what it says in the game but i am sure i caught a rainbow in waldsee. I was looking for some pictures of trout* i had caught the other day and noticed one that looked like waldsee but didn't think there was trout in that lake. i will try and put the screenshot up later.

* I was going to make a report about brown trout looking a bit small compared to rainbows of the same weight.
    A rainbow that i think was caught on waldsee
    [​IMG]

here is a trophy brown,looks a lot smaller than rainbows around the same weight but maybe that is normal and correct.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  19. omniblack0

omniblack0 Member

Oh ok, I guess you were right the Salmon update was today! I don't know how I missed that one as I've been watching the streams. So.. next will be the tournament bass pack update. Not sure what will be in that one but am definitely interested in seeing. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

That’s going to have two real world lakes. Bass lakes. They think 16lb bass for the lakes but they weren’t sure off the top of their head on the stream. They said whatever the biggest bass in lake was. Real lakes they follow that pattern.

• Like Like x 1
  21. omniblack0

omniblack0 Member

Yes, whatever the real life record for the those lakes are is what the heaviest bass will be. But there's already up to 16lbs in the game. I believe the heaviest is 17lbs from one of the boss bass.

I know in some older fishing games they get up to 24-25lbs. I hope one day they will adjust the weights to rival these weights. I'd even be satisfied with a 18-19lbs

22. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Yeah I think they will eventually get to putting a record breaking largemouth. The biggest bass in the game is Marshall who is 17.8 if you want to get him go to guntersville and go to the polecat hollow bridge but don’t go through it he is right to the entrance of the bridge toward the left side. You’ll get him eventually.

• Helpful Helpful x 2