Journey Count Broken (tsw2020)

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by synthetic.angel, Aug 27, 2019.

1. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

The summary count of Journey progress for each Journey chapter only includes modules that have been started from the Journey tab.

Only "left ticked" items are counted towards percentage progress for a Journey. If a module is started from the Training, Scenario or Timetable tabs, then the module is not counted (under Journey) when it is completed.

It's really confusing to (potentially) see a list of completed modules under a Journey chapter, and for it this to be (potentially) counted as 0% Journey progression. It looks broken, even if it isn't.

Can the interface include an explanation of how the Journey progress count works? I am not sure if this is truly a feature, or a bug. I think it is a bug. If it is, can it be fixed? (So that all modules completed, that are within a Journey, are counted as completed, whether or not the modules were started from within Journey....)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

perhaps 1 ticket and 1 post with all counts broken is better than spamming posts with 1 bug or error per post .

• Like Like x 2
  3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback! I am new here, so still getting used to things. No excuse, maybe (?) - and anyway, an excuse that can't be used for long....!

I did actually think about your approach. But, unfortunately, these are all actually very different issues, with different inter-dependencies. The counting features depend on:

- whether or not you had pre TSW2020 content (the 2018 pack)
    - whether or not you have DLC
    - whether or not you have DLC to the DLC
    - how and when a module is/was launched/completed

So, my view is that the granularity is appropriate. I am very sorry to disagree with you, but that is my opinion. I would also list them as individual entries, on an issues spreadsheet, for example - and then merge them later, but only if they had a common solution.

I fully accept that, at first glance, they look like similar issues, or even the same issue (and perhaps have a common fix,...but maybe not), and I apologise for this. There isn't very much I can do about that. Sorry.