Ts19: Stanier Supreme

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Aug 29, 2019.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Step back in time to an era of soot and steam with Bossman Games’ authentic LMS Stanier Class 8F, which is available now on the Steam and Dovetail Games stores!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 1
  2. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

My god how many 3rd party British steam locomotives are you releasing? How about a modern UK locomotive or multiple unit? At this point any rolling stock add-on that's from the UK and isn't a steam locomotive would satisfy me.

3. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

There are too many modern locos in TS and not enough historical stuff IMO.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Random Railfan

Well yeah, but shouldn't they make at least one to give us a break? It is a good idea to give us more historical locomotives, but not one after another for like a year.

5. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

I see you are an Armstrong Powerhouse fan. Have you see their latest release, the Class 156? Not up-to-date modern but...

Have to admit I'm an oldie and like many oldies I'm into TS for nostalgic reasons. I travelled on steam trains.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Random Railfan

StevenJam why do you downvote so many comments? I swear I've seen multiple people with downvotes from you.

7. Random Railfan

Yeah I am lol. I bought the 156 and it's really good! I also like classic steam traction, but as I said before, not so many Black Five derivatives and lookalikes. Maybe some less loved stuff, like SR Light Pacifics (Battle of Britain and West Country classes). Those are very unique, and if they're made by a good developer and of high quality, they'd probably do well and be bought by lots of people, me included. I'd bet a remastered A4 or A3 would also be very welcomed by the community.

8. Random Railfan

Oh and by the way when I said modern I meant more like 80's or 90's stuff that's in service now. Not the brand new stuff. Those are kinda boring and in some cases ugly to be honest...

9. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

SSS have done a very nice West Country/Battle of Britain class - https://www.steamsoundssupreme.com/bulleid-light-pacific-working-days-pack.html

Bossman Games' next projects are a new Class 50 (very close to completion), the Welsh Marches Line between Shrewsbury and Newport via Hereford, and a SR Merchant Navy class. They also have a render of a Class 60 on their website, but I suspect that one will be in development for a good deal longer.

10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

156 last week and hints of the 456EP next from AP
    Except for the ultramodern "released since 2017" stuff we already have a lot of the modern stock in game from what I can see

11. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Considering AP have now done most of the Networker family, it wouldn't be too outlandish to say that perhaps a 165/166 EP is next - it's in dire need of an upgrade.

12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I would prefer if they did the routes that the 465 spent most of their time on for the last decade... Can't drive to Hayes, Dartford, Charing Cross...
    Don't see too many of them on the CML nowadays since the Gravesend to Gillingham route from London was taken over by Thameslink

13. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I understand people have different interest when it comes to what era they enjoy in simulations, but to complain to a company about another third party release seems a bit over the top. First it is a third party that developed and released the locomotive, it wasn't DTG's product and as such DTG is doing little more than being a distribution channel. Second, the company that released the product specializes in steam of that era..
    I do hope that either a third party producer or DTG will release a products that you find enjoyable soon, but in my opinion, TS2019 has plenty of modern DLC all ready and have been looking forward to quality era locomotives such as the 8F to be made available.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Broomwagon

Broomwagon Member

Totally agree with you Leadcatcher and well put........even though you don't get freeroam ;)