Peninsula Corridor (training): The Train Doesn't Budge

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ekostin, Aug 24, 2019.

1. ekostin

ekostin New Member

Hello! I need help!

Peninsula Corridor. Second module of training. Train control from the tail cabin of a gallery-type F40PH-2CAT CT97. Everything seems to be done according to the instructions. But the train doesn't budge.

Please… What am I doing wrong?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  2. dark-rabbit

dark-rabbit New Member

turn the little switch just under the brake lever ;)

3. ekostin

ekostin New Member

Oh! Thank you very much! :)

(Facepalm)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  4. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it. There are almost innumerable things that can cause the F40PH not to move. Its natural state is utter immobility. (Probably the safest default state for a hundred-ton locomotive, indeed.)

Every train has its own peculiar safety systems and protocols, all of which have to be followed in exacting detail before it will move an inch. If you've ever thought it was a little implausible that James Bond can jump into any train, plane, or spacecraft and operate it instantly without even reaching for the manual, well, TSW agrees with you. It ain't happening.

• Like Like x 3
  5. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

What button? I've encountered a glitch three times in a row now. My 'cut-off valve' is IN. Literally nothing is working. Please help! I've wasted nearly 6 hours replaying the same journey and it keeps happening at the same location. I don't want to restart the map over again.

Please help me, this is discouraging. :'(

6. InspectorTiger

When you shut down the loco cab before changing ends, did you put the brake handle to 'Handle Off' and the cutout valve to 'Cut Out'? If you don't do this, the brakes won't release no matter what you do in the cab car.

When you opened the doors on the cab car, did you close them again before you went upstairs to the cab? With any passenger doors open, the train won't move.

Is the red PCS light on on the console? If so, you need to go through a full PCS reset (see the manual).

• Like Like x 1
  7. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Thank you InspectorTiger for the quick response.

I haven't checked the PCS light on the console, I'll definitely try it if it happens again. I got lucky the entire route and completed it. But I want to put the train back to "STOP" and see if I can reset it properly. I can do it on the F40PH-2CAT, but the CT97 is a different story, but I think you gave me the answer!

• Like Like x 1
  8. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Are we having fun yet? [[edit: I see that someone with no sense of humor has zapped this reply -- nuts to you, too!]]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  9. InspectorTiger

Don't forget this too:

10. yeetoheck

yeetoheck New Member

Help

I’m stuck at southern San Francisco, train stopped, all good. I honked my horn, and now, for some reason, electricity isn’t being generated. PCS light isn’t on, reverser In forward, auto and independent breaks off. I try putting throttle up, no amps are registered, and the train stays put. I made sure the doors were closed by opening both then closing both. Any tips? Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021