Ntp Shunting

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Dougal, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Dougal

Dougal Member

Hi, have completed all the shutting on the timetable apart from the very first, which every time I've gone to complete the last section a Gronk drives down parks and blocks the line. I tried getting and moving it and it asks if I want do another van task which I accepted only to find if you relocate the Gronk to a another section and go back to the Gronk you started with you cannot switch the points to enable you to complete the task.

• Like Like x 1
  2. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

There has been many a topic on NTP and it's very strict AI timetables running in the background.

If you don't complete your task before the AI timetable moves a train across your route, you often get stuck.
    Either boxed in by another loco, a red signal or points that can no longer be changed.

This might be your issue, try completing the tasks faster and see if this helps.
    Hopefully for you it does!
    It did work for me every time I had an issue with NTP services/scenarios. - I even had a couple of collisions with AI trains that whizzed past an adjacent line as they converged at the points. Ridiculously slim chance of us occupying that space at the same time, but just as in the real world, these things sometime happen that way.

3. Dougal

Dougal Member

Hi, had a go doing it quicker and I had the same problem, with the Shunter doing van move 2 parking in the way, perhaps you need to 1 before 2?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  4. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

I've completed the first service no problem