Peninsula Corridor - Timekeeping

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jamiebrannan13, Sep 1, 2019.

1. jamiebrannan13

jamiebrannan13 Member

Does anyone else fine keeping to timetable hard on service mode on the peninsula corridor?

By time you’ve completed set up, ect. I find you have to run to the other end of the train to switch the markers on (in reality, you wouldn’t operate without, I think) in the cab car, which normally puts me around 1-2 mins behind, or does anyone have a quicker way?

Cheers
    J

2. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

If you plug in a USB keyboard, the shortcut CTRL + – will quickly teleport you to the cab car and then back to main cab. It’s useful for doing things like turning on and off the marker/tail lights.

• Like Like x 1
  3. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

You can also just spawn on foot a few minutes before the service you want to take is due to departure and set it up before.

• Like Like x 1
  4. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

You make a good general point about timings on all routes in TSW. The time at which you spawn in the cab isn't early enough to walk to to the other end and set up the lights, which makes it inconvenient for console players who don't necessarily have a keyboard. I would have said either the train should be set up with the rear markers on already, or the spawn time should be a couple of minutes in advance of the service departure time to allow for this.

The timetable is pretty much always as tight as it can be; if you put the brakes on 'Holding', lock the doors the moment you can, release the brakes, and put the throttle all the way to 'run 8', get to track speed as fast as you can and stay there, and then brake as hard as passenger comfort will allow into the next station, you'll be on time—just. There is absolutely no leeway for visiting the other cab, chatting with the platform staff, going to the loo, or getting a snack from the vending machines.

5. jamiebrannan13

jamiebrannan13 Member

How do I do this? I thought you could only spawn in the train

6. jamiebrannan13

jamiebrannan13 Member

I agree in regards to the setting ect, just two minutes would make a massive difference.

From the release stream, I think they said all Caltrain drivers pull off in notch 8, but I agree with the breaking, I like to apply little breaks from around 0.9 miles out so it’s a comfortable stop, but that delays you by quite a lot over all 20+ stops. I still would say it’s one of my favourite routes - on or with GWE and Tees Valley Line.

7. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

In the Menu where you select the Train, you can also select your avatar. You set the time, conditions and stations and you will spawn in on foot at that time in the Station. You need to look up which train you want to take before and spawn on foot before the departure time.
    This way you can set up most of the trains. Only on some routes the trains arrive 2 minutes before their departure time, which will give you a bit of stress setting it up like spawning directly in the cab.

• Like Like x 2