Virtual Reality Support

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by synthetic.angel, Aug 27, 2019.

1. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I had a look around the Forums, and I couldn't see VR as a suggestion for Train Sim World. TSW would be perfect for PSVR.

It's mostly a "sit in a chair" game. You have a range of controls in front of you, and around you, to manipulate with your hands (or motion controllers...?).

Obviously, you have to learn to fall over before you can fly, but could this be something for the future (PS5 maybe....)?

• Like Like x 4
  2. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

There is so much future in VR, and as flight sims and even truck sims have it, why not the train sims? I agree, +1 I would like to see this.

3. jamesibbs

jamesibbs Member

love to see

4. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

It has been mooted from time to time. However, VR games are still in their infancy. It's a challenge to design a user interface for VR games that lets you manipulate things in the game world with the controller, pick things up, turn knobs, and so forth (see Squirrel's videos on Derail Valley for examples of problems with this kind of thing). It's even more of a challenge to design something that also works if you don't have VR.

Also, while train driving does involve sitting in a chair, as you say, one of the really cool things about TSW is the ability to get up and walk around. That doesn't work in VR at all.

Like you, I'd love to see the beautifully-detailed world of TSW in VR, but I think it's a long way off.

5. jamesibbs

jamesibbs Member

InspectorTiger the moving round could easily be achieved with teleporting around this gives the advantage of being able to not feel sick when moving in vr for new commers to vr

6. jamesibbs

jamesibbs Member

also what they could do is you look at the thing (similar to using a mouse) and click or press a button so no controllers are needed