PlayStation Tees Valley Anyone?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ildario77, Sep 2, 2019.

1. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Hello. Didn't find many topics about this DLC. Watched some videos on YouTube and it looks pretty good. Opinions? Still too expensive ;)

2. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

I really like Tees Valley. It's my favourite route after GWE. There's a great mix of industrial versus rural scenery, and a good balance of passenger, freight, and shunting services. Plenty to do and plenty to look at. Whether it's too expensive is obviously a deeply private matter between you and your wallet. For the standard TSW DLC price, I'd say Tees Valley represents better value for money than many of the other routes.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Tees Valley was my first DLC after Ruhr-Sieg Nord, and is currently my favorite route. The scenery is quite nice, although the procedural flowers they use have a pretty short draw distance - on PC, this is easily enough fixed with a config file edit, but on console that's not possible. There are 6 services with the 08 at Tees Yard, but 2 of these are stabling moves. In total, there are 130 services with 47 being for the Class 37, and the other 81 being passenger. There are 4 main freight services - empty ore, loaded ore, empty steel, loaded steel. All the ore trains will run from Tees Yard to the Redcar Ore Terminal, load/unload their cargo, then run back. Trains unloading at the ore terminal have 2 Class 37s at the front, while trains loading there only have one. All the steel services will run empty to Lackenby Grid Sidings, uncouple, then re-couple to a loaded steel train and run to either Eaglescliffe or Darlington. These all run with 2 Class 37s. There are 2 main passenger services - Darlington to Middlesbrough, and Darlington to Saltburn. A number of the morning and afternoon trains to/from Saltburn will additionally call at Redcar British Steel, and a select few will call at Teesside Airport. There is one limited-stop train that calls only at Eaglescliffe and Thornaby on its way to Middlesbrough, which leaves Darlington at 22:38. All Saltburn trains are 3 cars, and all Middlesbrough trains are 2 cars.

The scenery is very nice, and it's an interesting mix between urban, rural, and highly industrial. I get some low framerates in the yard areas, but overall I like it very much, and makes a nice change from the other routes. Top speed is 60 mph, but the stops are so close together that a full 27 mile run takes around 1 hour. I got the 20% pre-order discount, and I consider it worth it. The next sale is going to probably be the Halloween Sale at the end of October.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. ildario77

Thank you. I mean, I'll be waiting for a price cut, maybe, cause I already bought a lot of DLCs these days. The TSW fever is getting higher :D

6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Actually, thinking about it a little more, I think I would have liked something other than the 101 for the passenger runs even though I don't mind it and I think it is a nice one to drive. This is easily fixable later with a loco DLC. Maybe, dare I say it, a Pacer.

7. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Considering DTG have released their newest extra locos in two-packs (SW100R, BR Heavy Freight), I would say it's likely we'll see a "Tees Valley Sectors" pack with a Regional Rail Pacer and something like a Railfreight Class 60 or similar.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bamz2317

Bamz2317 Member

Tees valley is one of my favorite routes, probably the most interesting things about the route is the steel industry. You can unload the hoppers at the ore terminal, shunt loaded and unload wagons in tees yard and at the steel sidings. You can also drive the 101 which has different types of services like shuttles and full line runs. Tees valley also has little details like the thornaby depot logo on the side of the locos, you can hear an air raid siren some times and the heavy industrial area is smokey. The scenery is a good mix of towns and villages, open country side and heavy industrial i think its the best looking route. I found that you drive the class 08 parked at the ore terminal and you can drive it around kind of like free shunting. When i bought the roure i jumped on to Google earth to see what the area looks like its changed so much in 30 years.

• Like Like x 3
  9. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Probably my favourite route before the NTP heavy freight pack came out.

Being able to work in the steel sidings and yards leaves so much freedom on things to do.
    Also, running heavy double headed steel trains instead of stop start passenger services all the time is great. Some perfect variety on this route.

You can even shunt locos and wagons around the depot freely with the class 08 on this route.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ildario77

Is this route as lightless as NTP?

11. Bamz2317

Bamz2317 Member

the route has good lightning and its one of best looking routes graphically.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i just thought id put these vids on of TVL redcar to ferryhill using a class 66. its interesting to see the proper line and what DT have done