PC Disable Junction Derail Working Only For Some Switches?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by d_stevanov, Sep 9, 2019.

1. d_stevanov

d_stevanov Active Member

I've had this option set to off since csx hh, and never noticed it does anything. However, today I derailed a train by going over a switch that was not set correctly, and was shocked to say the least.
    Tees valley route, class 37 service 0Z07 7:40. Once the coal is loaded, you are prompted to go forward over the 2 switches I marked red in the screenshot. And if either of these switches is not set correctly, while having the option from the title set to off - boom, you will derail.
    Funny thing is these are the only switches in the game, that I know of, that can derail a train this way.
    20190909162507_1.jpg

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Off is disabled. On is enabled.

3. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I’m always confused by the wording of this option. “Disable junction derail” I have always kept this off because I don’t want to disable junction derails. I consider it to be a part of driving a train to have to worry about switches, I haven’t found any switches that cause this to happen though.

4. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I derailed in Pennisula Corridor after unloading sand or something, was late ... set the switch with the carriage 10cm too close and jammed in notch 2 ... after that I was awake ...

5. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that Tees Valley switch kills everyone at least a couple of times before they figure it out. It's particularly irritating as you've just sat through what feels like an hour of the unnecessarily slow coal-loading process.

However, 'Disable junction derail' does exactly what it says. If this option is off, then junction derails are not disabled, which is to say they're enabled, which is to say junctions will derail you.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

DTG having a way with words yet again

• Like Like x 3
  7. d_stevanov

d_stevanov Active Member

Well, I don't have a problem with the way it works, it should derail my train, because I set it that way in options. I have a problem with the fact that it only works for this 2 switches. The option should either work with all switches in the game or none of them, this is very inconsistent and looks like a bug actually.

8. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Any activity that involves switching or loading typically also requires some switch changing. Sometimes warnings about this appear, others not. Switches may be changed in two ways: clicking on a switch symbol in the 2D map or getting out of the cab, walking to the switch or switches, and moving the appropriate lever.

Get used to it.

9. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that not all Anglophiles use (or misuse, for that matter) the language in the same way.

10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I live about a mile from their Kent HQ and whilst some people round here might be considered "bright at best" there is also such a thing as proofreading when you know that anything you say is going to be dissected to the nth degree on several forums so making sure that what you're saying is what you mean, and what it can be interpreted as is as unambiguous as possible would be a thing for me

11. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

Do you have an example of another switch where you can drive through with it set against you and it doesn't derail?