Tees Valley Line - Unable To Turn Master Key

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by barnabear2, Sep 9, 2019.

1. barnabear2

barnabear2 New Member

Hi,

I've just started using TSW with the Tees Valley expansion. In the class 37 training there is sound of an engine running and it tells me to turn the master key to start the engine. I am unable to do this , and it doesn't make any sense anyway.

I tried one of the scenarios with the same problem, so I cannot use class 37 at all.

What am I doing wrong, or is this a bug and when will it be fixed?

Thanks.

2. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Did you turn it off and on again? Not kidding!

3. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

The master key turns the cab controls on. When you say you're unable to do this, what do you mean? Can you find the master key? If not, turn on 'Objective marker' in the settings. If you can find it, can you turn it on? Unlike some train controls, the master key usually turns on and off when you click on it; you don't click and drag to change the control position.

If you can click on the master key and you see its state change to 'On' or 'Unlocked', then you're all set; carry on with the scenario.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You could also try CTRL+W to toggle the master key on and off (although I'm sure it's shift W in some routes so try that too if control doesn't work)

• Like Like x 2
  5. hoagy

hoagy Member

It says 'master key switch", but when you hover over it it's labelled something like "engine start". It's quite confusing. But press the engine start and you're good to go