Trainz Or Ts20xx Or Run8?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by NS8099fan, Jul 26, 2019.

1. NS8099fan

NS8099fan New Member

i would like assistance on a simulator to purchase. I have heard good things about these sims and I would like assistance involving these criteria.

1. Price point and value
    2. Realism factor
    3. Route construction
    4. Ease of play

Please respond to this thread because I really would like to do a sim project on one of these but I need to know where to start. Thank you. :)

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I've only ever played TS and only ever the UK routes
    I'm happy with the prices but then I'm not cash strapped. The realism is there for me having lived and travelled in several of the areas I've covered in the game, as well as the requirement to balance power and braking when dealing with grades and so on
    I've not constructed a route, but have done several scenarios which all work out well
    "Ease of play" isn't a factor for me. Trains aren't easy to drive in all situations so I prefer immersion to making it easy. It is supposed to be a simulation rather than an outright game

• Like Like x 1
  3. NS8099fan

NS8099fan New Member

I probably should have clarified ease of play. I play TSW on Xbox One and I love the amount of immersion in that. I wanted to know ease of play for route building and not gameplay. If I can handle TSW, TS shouldn’t be that difficult.

4. jrnkl8

jrnkl8 New Member

The realism factor is somewhat lower for Trainz in some aspects, but for the most part, the other factors do make up for that...

• Like Like x 1
  5. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

TS and TSW for driving trains and abundance of real world routes, but definitely Trainz for world building and Run 8 for multiplayer.

• Like Like x 1
  6. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Well the driving and physics in Trainz absolutely suck, but if you're making a route with good enough assets, you can make it look pretty realistic if you know how to detail it right. I've done dioramas in Trainz and had people tell me it looks like a real photo before.

• Like Like x 1