PlayStation Simulator Immersion

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by richard cooper, Sep 10, 2019.

1. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

I do find this game quite immersive ,but one thing I think that would make it more realistic is some sort of camera movement to replicate the natural swaying of the loco or carriages,every now and again. Do other people agree ,and do others have any more ideas to improve immersion.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Some do have it slightly, I notice the BR182 and the Class43 HST bob up and down to dips in the track, can only notice the effect at higher speeds.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

What you're seeing at the moment is the effect of suspension as the body of the train rocks over the track.

I think the original poster is referring to cab sway, where the head feels "disconnected" from the body of the train and therefore moves independently as if on a spring. That's not there...... yet......

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

I've noticed some slight pitch and heave in the game but no roll as you'd typically get in a cab as you were crossing over for example. Then there's the head movement on top of that which would lag the rolling/swaying action of the cab and would replicate the head's inertia and natural tendency for a driver to correct the effect of any roll/sway to level the horizon.

5. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I hope this can be implemented soon.

6. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

"thats not there... yet...."
    :)