PlayStation Framerate

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ildario77, Aug 19, 2019.

1. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

I've admitted defeat with the TSW framerate problems and weird issues.

There's a dovetail sale on at their store at the moment so I picked up the TS2019 UK pack and a load of DLC, plus the RWenhancer pack, and Armstrong Powerhouse track and weather packs. Tweaked everything to max settings (quad core i7 and gtx 1080) and set nvidia v-sync for railworks64 to on permanently.

The result is very close to TSW in terms of visuals (4k and the enhancement pack are a great combination), but with awesome framerate, cab sway, longer routes, 3rd party add ons, sounds are good, massive choice of locos and routes. Should have done this ages ago. Recommended if you have the kit.

Its not as intuitive as TSW but I'm already so glad I made this choice.

2. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It’s a Dovetail issue with using bad Graphics, Forza or Formula 1 runs pretty great with texture and graphic on console for Xbox One X or PS4 Pro.

3. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

I suppose you're a PC user. Are TSW performances bad on PC too? At first, performances were so bad that I thought my Ps4 was faulty. That's why I started this post. Then I watched dozens of gameplay videos on YouTube and I realized it was the game, even on PS4 Pro. Some routes are acceptable or even great in terms of fps (RT, GWE, SWR, 90% of NTP and TV), but other ones are terrible. I played Peninsula Corridor after days with NTP and TV and I cannot stand all this mess. Fps at San Francisco Station are terrible, but average fps is always noticeably low. And, as I said, freight services with 3 headed trains are almost unplayable...

4. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

I've been ps4 pro all the way until this weekend, and the only "game" I'll use on the pc is train simulator.

Wish I could get a refund on everything I bought for the ps4 from dovetail, or at least a credit so I can buy extras for TS2019. TSW is a proper wonkey donkey of a sim.

To be fair, without RWenhancer and Armstrong Powerhouse, TS2019 would look pretty crap too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mossemerica

mossemerica New Member

6. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Hello again... ;-)

I was thinking about my post the other day, where I said that the only "framerate" and lag issues that I suffered from were on the approaches to Paddington. Anyway - I have been experimenting, and my last run into Paddington was REALLY good. The M4 flyover, and everything else, such as the Paddington Basin offices, etc., they were all fine - not lagged at all.... First time that I have seen this look okay.

I have been following my own advice in this thread:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-workaround-tested-and-fixes-proposals.18340/

...and if you can't bear to read it (it is VERY long)... all I did on the Paddington run was ensure that my internet was switched off, before launching TSW (and I kept the internet switched off).

Can you do me a favour? Can you try launching TSW without the internet on (uncheck internet under PS4 settings), and then try again on the routes that cause you most "framerate pain", with triple-headed Geep trains, etc.... ;-)

And let me know - am I imagining a general performance improvement with internet off - or do you get a better experience too, on your 2014 (?) PS4?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  7. ildario77

Honestly, never had big problems with GWE, and what made me think they're not internet related problems is that every single micro-freezing, stuttering or framerate drop happens always at the same spot, to me and to every other player. For example, in the video below, at 52:15 you can see 2, 3 noticeable micro-freezings at Acton Main Line, the worst one just under the bridge. I experience the same problem at the same spot. The YouTube guy uploads 60fps videos, so it's easier to check the smoothness of the game, and EVERYTIME his game stutters, mine stutters. I unchecked the internet connection and launched GWE and NEC. Didn't see any noticeable improvement. Gp38-2 still cuts the average fps at day with a lot of cars. It certainly has something to do with the simulation engine, 'cause the same train, at the end of the service, not controlled by the player, runs smooth as silk. I will test other "heavy" routes later, maybe Peninsula Corridor. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  8. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I've been playing NTP for a while and the framerate is shocking, even on a PS4 Slim.

Make that the PS2. The Nurburgring, in particular.

9. Joan

Joan New Member

Uj poco
    [QUOTE = "Doomotron, post: 97880, member: 8922"] He estado jugando NTP durante un tiempo y la velocidad de fotogramas es impactante, incluso en una PS4 Slim.
    There are not so many micro freezes? have the fps improved? I talk about the last update

Haz que la PS2. El Nurburgring, en particular. [/ CITA]

10. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

That works? Really? I’ll try it. Although fps has gradually got better, especially after the TSW2020 update.

11. ildario77

Not for me. GWE is not that bad in terms of frame rate, but nothing changed. It has several micro-pauses here and there, but I can live with it. Talking about frame rate, Peninsula Corridor and some sections of MSB and RSN are noticeably worse.

12. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Rhein-Ruhr Osten looks also worse with Framerate and clipping bugs on Console, I have PS4 Pro and 4K Ultra HD TV and this Game looks really worse from the Performance

13. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Im on PS4 slim and haven't noticed anything particularly stuttery on MSB or RRO. I do spend 99% of my time driving and not watching passes.

14. ildario77

Main fps problems in MSB are noticeable just outside Gemunden station. Same for RSN at Hagen, inbound and outbound. Nothing really bad, but quite distracting, at least for me. Peninsula Corridor is worse, especially at San Francisco station at rush hour and here and there along the route.