Lack Of Passengers On Xbox

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by w.lichko, Sep 9, 2019.

1. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Can someone please explain to me why that isn't a lot of passenger traffic in tsw 2020? I love the game, but more people/passengers would make feel fully immersed in the game. Is it possible to fix it in the settings? Let me know if anyone else is experiencing it. I would also love to see CSX for Xbox and cab zoom coming soon. ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  2. blueghost

blueghost Member

Not only lack of passengers but also traffic its like driving on the moon, not that I've driven a train on the moon. Need more traffic on the rails.

• Like Like x 1
  3. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

This depends on the routes. The earlier ones arent that busy but the more later releases like RSN, MSB, Caltrain are more busy. Other routes with the loco expansion packs aswell

• Like Like x 2
  4. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

On my Xbox One S on the newer routes, only a couple passengers are walking around the stations and only a few enter the train. So my train is basically empty. :-(

5. Bamz2317

Bamz2317 Member

I could be wrong but i think its due to console limitations. We're very lucky to have a train sim on console

• Like Like x 1
  6. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Exactly this! I'm so excited that we're finally seeing sims slowly coming to 'next gen' consoles.
    I can't think of any sim games from last generation... Maybe Il2 Sturmovik, Birds of Prey and Over G Fighters on the Xbox 360.

7. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

I think this is because of hardware limitations. Either memory, CPU or GPU. My trains on the MSB route are basically empty all the time, there are maybe 2-3 persons travelling at any given time.

8. Dougal

Dougal Member

A PS4 in settings, under accessibility you tick the zoom function which works by PS button and square at the same time which gives zoom and Circle to exit. It's not as good as a mouse. Not sure if Xbox has the same?

9. xD 2Bad4You

Xbox has a accessibility feature like that aswell but i dont think it would help much. The textures are pretty low res as of it now already, if you zoom in they dont get loaded in a closer higher res. Instead you are zooming in and that makes the textures even worse to probably a point where you cant define anything

10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I don't think it's necessarily hardware. SImulators and simulations (as opposed to games) are supposed to last a long time, and whereas someone might keep their PC for five or more years, and certainly keep a collection of software for longer than that given windows has been backwards compatible to the DOS days, on PC it makes sense to have software that might go five or ten years.
    Can that be said about console? It seems that any generation of console lasts a few years at best and then everything gets thrown out from hardware, OS, software etc

So yes it's good that TSW is on consoles, and hopefully DTG learn to migrate from UE version to UE version or once UE4 becomes unsupported on consoles

11. Dougal

Dougal Member

The PS4/Xbox do not get full keyboard support or any mouse functions.

12. xD 2Bad4You

That would be a shame, since Mouse + Keyboard support at least is a quite easy thing to add that would make a range of users happy

13. Dougal

Dougal Member

Key board support is ok, with most of the shortcut keys working except the train brake application is not supported.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  14. xD 2Bad4You

Keyboard is functionally to some point at the moment, yes. But for me all the CTRL + F1 commands to not work in TSW.
    I really dont see why its such a big deal for them to implement full Support officially. Its a Xbox Function now with a API and everything.
    Its not like this task would require weeks and weeks of work and there are quite a lot of people using Keyboard or asking for it in the Forums and streams. The game with all the interactive cab elements is one of the best examples of a game that could benefit from Mouse and Keyboard Support as an alternative way to play.

PC has Controller Support, so why cant we get Mouse and Keyboard support? Not asking for witchcraft here. It just gets the impression that they do the bare minimum on Consoles to get the game to work so they can sell it without utilizing the full possibilities that could enhance the game for players.

15. Dougal

Dougal Member

It may have something to do with PS4 and Xbox, and how their license rules apply to the implementation of full keyboard/mouse support on console?

16. ARuscoe

It does? My raildriver doesn't work and I haven't seen an official API or driver for TSW support.

My question on keyboard support is whether PS4 and Xbox use standard ascii mapping, because that's what TSW DOES have

17. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

That's a very good point, I never even thought of that. You learn something new every day!
    Just curious, are you in the video game industry?

18. xD 2Bad4You

Raildriver isnt a Controller in that sense. You can play TSW on PC with a Xbox Controller

Edit:
    The only thing that i can imagine holding them back to enable M+KB support on Xbox would be the case that the UE4 Version they are running the game on hasnt the new Api included. Could be thats it only available in a newer Version of UE4

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  19. ARuscoe

Nope, IT network manager by trade, and I've been into the console and PC gaming market since 1992 so know that backwards compatibility amongst consoles isn't always the best especially across two or more generations

• Like Like x 1