Experimenting With Custom Dsr Resolutions, Rw Enhancer Pro And Nvidia Freestyle

Discussion in 'Creation Centre' started by Matthew Wilson, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Matthew Wilson

Matthew Wilson Well-Known Member

As the title suggests, I've been having a nose around various add-ons, mods and/or filters for trying to get the best out of the visuals of routes and rolling stock. I have done this while making my way through a 240min scenario on the superb Suburban Glasgow V6 route - which now runs all the way to Mallaig!!!

So, first up I have made a tutorial video which shows you how to make your very own custom DSR resolutions. When you do this within nVidia Control panel then the factors are defined by what nVidia offer and also they are fixed to matching your native aspect ratio - this video explains how to manually do these and allows you to use super-wide aspect ratios such as 32:9 even if you can't afford the monitor.

Secondly, I recommend RW Enhancer Pro as it has such a vast array of tweaks, all of which are very good and allow you to play around with many visual changes via the game's shaders. I'm not going to explain much further in detail, but a forum exists where the author gets more in depth.

Lastly I have also been using nVidia Freestyle, which is like ReShade but it comes built into your GPU drivers and you can tweak and alter settings whilst you play the game with no need to background the task (which sometimes causes crashes) - many sites have details and explain how Freestyle works, so I am going to let the screenshots do the talking!

This next shot is with a wider aspect ratio which by default in TS2019 gives you a wider field of view also

100% crop of the above

• Like Like x 3
  2. Matthew Wilson

And BOOM like that, in 10 days all I've learned may possibly be integrated and implemented in TS20 anyway :D

3. Matthew Wilson

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

Have you got shadows turned off in post #1?

5. Matthew Wilson

If I have it's unintentional, but then my lad uses TS and messes with the settings sadly.

6. Brutalist Ape

Brutalist Ape Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how to respond, but these screens are impressive. Have you got the Armstrong Powerhouse sound pack for the class 37? That makes this game even more enjoyable :)

7. Matthew Wilson

These are taken using the Armstrong Powerhouse Class 37 loco pack.

8. Brutalist Ape

Brutalist Ape Well-Known Member

Oh, great. I mean to get that at some point. It has a fairly brutal list of DLC requirements, though!

9. Mack Winston

Mack Winston Active Member

No extra DLC is required for the AP Class 37 pack, unless you want to run the supplied scenarios which are optional and personally I've never felt the need to use the included scenarios.

It's easy enough to make your own scenarios just by cloning an existing one, open it in the scenario editor, and swapping the loco and/or rolling stock. You can basically just place the AP37 next to the train you're replacing then drag the instructions off the train you're replacing onto the AP37, delete the original train, add the rolling stock you want if it's different to the original train, then shift click the whole thing into the position of the train you just replaced. Takes about 2 minutes.

Also if you want to run the included scenarios, if you get RW_Tools you can replace all the DLC you don't have with stuff you've already got.

The AP37 is on sale right now, so now's the time to get it! I've found no other loco really comes close - it's a shame they didn't do a class 50.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  10. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

I have to give an upvote for Reshade- highly customizable and fairly easy to use. Make sure to read the guides first though as its easy to over do it and hurt fps or not get the effect youre after. I use it on TSW as well as other games. For free software its rather good in my very limited experience.

11. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

Nice screens :) I've been tweaking with RWEnhancer Pro too, awesome bit of kit!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1