Mouse Movement In Tutorial, Spins Round And Round

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by amagha, Sep 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. amagha

amagha New Member

I have TSW2020 installed on my PC (via Steam) and have just started the app to try and play.

I'm using a keyboard and USB mouse.

However, I'm stuck in the first step of the tutorial: "Mouse Movement: Move the Mouse up, to look up"--in doing so, the only thing that happens is that the entire view spins round and round while the movement does move upward (when the mouse moves up) and downward (when the mouse moves down).

However, this is not "registered" by the tutorial and it doesn't accept that movement to move to the next step of the tutorial.

I've tried to change the mouse sensitivity, but that doesn't make a difference.

My mouse works fine on my Windows desktop, and when playing other games, the mouse is working normally/fine. Any idea on how to stop this spinning?

I've taken a video of the behavior (2nd screen, on the bottom). :I can't upload a vid to the forums, but I've saved it to my Google Drive for anyone to see the behavior:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Nh0GPPD8OtxSI3v6ZsFC_8N1h43N5wuu

Note: I looked at the knowledge base (though I can't register on it since it asks for me to accept the privacy policy, but there's no checkbox for it), and it only mentions something about an XBox 360 controller and turning off Face ID (which I don't have).

2. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Hi amagha, thanks for your message. This is indeed a unusual issue. Thanks for sending in a video.

Could you please let us know if you have any controllers plugged into your PC? It could be that one of the controls may be stuck if left unattended, I've had this happen to me a couple of times when I left the controller on the floor. It also may be the arrow key on your keyboard that got stuck. Let me know if that's not the case, thanks.

3. amagha

amagha New Member

Hi TrainSim-Dmitri -- Thanks for the note.

No controllers plugged in. In my laptop, I have only a USB (Miscrosoft) mouse, an HDMI out to a second monitor, and an Ethernet (in).

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Given you're using a laptop with an additional mouse, have you tried turning the touchpad off? Just trying to avoid dual inputs in TSW even if other software isn't registering it

5. amagha

amagha New Member

Hi ARuscoe -- I have tried turning the touchpad off.

I've also tried disconnecting the mouse and using the touchpad and have the exact same issue with just the touchpad.

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

That IS odd...

7. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Can you try disabling the second monitor for me and see if that changes how it behaves?

Thanks

8. amagha

amagha New Member

Hi TrainSim-Matt I ran with just one monitor and ran into the same issue.

9. amagha

amagha New Member

OK! Looks like I've figured out the issue.

This is interesting and I realize now that I should have put this in the initial post but it completely slipped my mind--regardless, knowing this helped to resolve the issue and hopefully this might be useful to others in the future:

I'm running a VM on Paperspace and running TSW2020 there. Though the mouse works totally fine on the VM and in other apps (and other games), for Train Sim World 2020, these to items in the Paperspace settings need to be checked:

upload_2019-9-18_13-3-11.png

By checking these two boxes, the mouse movement within the game is fine and as expected.

• Helpful Helpful x 1