Soo Line 2nd Sub Between North Fond Du Lac And Stevens Point.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by andrew.umlauft1, Sep 18, 2019.

1. andrew.umlauft1

andrew.umlauft1 Member

I would like to see a Soo Line Railroad second sub between Fond Du Lac and Stevens Point. Route would take place in the 70's because then their can be SD40-2's pairing up with F7's and GP7's. SW1200 and GP30's would be a nice touch as addons. Rolling stock can vary.
    This route is the mainline from Canada and Superior to Chicago, so think of the possibilities. There are 3 yards: Shops Yard (North Fond Du Lac), Neenah, and Stevens Point. The Chicago and North Western has a mainline from Milwaukee to Green Bay and parallels the Soo Line from Fond Du Lac to Neenah. Ton of industries to switch and interchanges with the CNW and Milwaukee Road. If there are any interest, this route can include the Manitowoc sub which includes the car ferry in Manitowoc.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

I doubt Dovetail would make it, but I would actually rather see G-Trax make it. G-Trax is great at making classic routes, so I have a feeling they have better assets for this. Dovetail doesn't really have any assets that fit the 1970's era, but I have a feeling some G-Trax buildings and other urban assets would fit quite well. I would definitely welcome some Soo Line stuff, especially set in the 70's since it's such an underappreciated era in Train Simulator at the moment.

3. andrew.umlauft1

andrew.umlauft1 Member

A lot of interesting equipment was present showed up ranging from the 50's to the 70's.

4. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Cool. If we get this, some CP Rail equipment (CP merged with the Soo Line) coild be awesome, too. The C&NW stuff sounds like a good idea as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. andrew.umlauft1

andrew.umlauft1 Member

This route would also work well with Wisconsin Central SD45's.