Multiplayer---for What Reasons?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Apr 28, 2019.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I have seen many a request for multiplayer to be added to this game but just what could you do with more then one person sharing a route map?

2. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

Yes, agreed.

3. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

You agree there should be MP or wonder what could you do with it?

I'm not saying i'm aganist MP,i'm just not sure how it could or should work...

4. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

I agree with you. Not sure what the point is of MP. A choice between MP or development resources put into more routes, then more routes everytime. Hopefully MP development doesnt come at another features cost.

• Like Like x 1
  5. davidmantle20

davidmantle20 New Member

What if idiots on multiplayer crash into you and make the railway madness and not fun

6. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

I'd personally have no use for such a feature and can't see a point to it. I think I'd soon lose interest in doing anything but driving.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I can't see how MP would work either. Sure, it would be fun to know that other trains were being driven by real people, but would that mean you could only work to a set timetable? And what if two people wanted to drive the same route at the same time? It's not really like other open world games where you could just add in your car or whatever; the whole point of how railways work is that interaction between trains should be minimal. Seems like a lot of development time for little benefit.

8. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

MP would be fun, but to be quite honest, I'd rather see resources put elsewhere. I can't foresee many people playing, and servers would be shutting down constantly (the host has left the match), so we'd need dedicated servers to keep them running 24/7 with out pause.

The fun part of MP is roleplaying. Freight train services together, uncoupling, driving together. Engineers working on railroad services opening/closing routes, putting out warning lights and communicating via radio (like Microsoft Flight). How many people would be playing? For how long? Hmmm.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

That's the issue as I see it. It needs a lot of dedication to sit and do a long cargo route without pausing to do anything else mid way through and the longer these things take, the less people there will be who you can successfully make it to the end with. I'm still missing all of the collaborative Mud Runner trophies because in every multiplayer game I join, half the people are static/missing and the rest are doing their own thing.