Up Gp38-2 Horn Stops Working

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by brodeyness4, Sep 20, 2019.

1. brodeyness4

brodeyness4 Active Member

When Playing a service and scenario with the Union Pacific GP38-2, the locomotives horn will stop working. Sometimes it will let you blow it for awhile, but once it stops working it doesn't start again until you restart the scenario

• Like Like x 2
  2. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

Same issue here. I noticed that it seems to happen when the horn is honked too quickly in succession for the system to catch up, it doesn't know what to do from there, so it no longer acknowledges it & the horn becomes silent.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

This has been a know issue, though still nothing has been done about it. My question is, why does the UP gp38-2 have a messed up horn, but not the CSX gp38-2. They both have different horns, yes, but why does one cut out and the other don't?

• Like Like x 3
  4. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

That's a perfectly reasonable question & the honest answer is... I have no clue. The only conclusion that I can come up with is that the Union Pacific GP38-2's and the Peninsula Corridor as a whole is pretty new, so there's a fairly decent chance that they missed that bug during testing.
    I'm pretty confident now that, with all of the feedback DTG's is receiving with this issue, it's only a matter of time before this minor flaw is corrected. I could be wrong, but that's the most logical explanation that I could come up with, given the circumstances.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Good reasoning.

• Like Like x 1
  6. brodeyness4

brodeyness4 Active Member

THEY STILL DIDN'T FIX IT IN THE UPDATE