Open World Peninsula Corridor Option

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LiquidShadows, Sep 20, 2019.

1. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

Just like there's an "open world" option -- I believe it's called "Train Switching", under Scenarios -- in the CSX section of the Northeast Corridor: New York map, I think it would be pretty cool for you guys to have an "open world" option for the West Coast Peninsula Corridor map, as well. That way players could haul freight and/or passengers around freely without getting hit with a S.P.A.D. within 500m, and also NOT have to start a traditional mission just to travel the entire scope of the Peninsula Corridor.

Anyway, I know y'all are extremely swamped with your work, so thank you very much for your time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Shunting isn't "open world", you're still (typically) confined to that one freight yard which you're currently working. Try taking that CSX train to Penn station and you'll be surprised how open that world really is ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. LiquidShadows

I'm quite curious as to how to do this, but because I'm running TSW 2020 on a PS4 I'm not sure if this is possible (without "going out of bounds"). I've heard that PC players can take their locomotives and place them on track layouts that they weren't specifically designed for, but I don't know if consoles have that option yet. If I'm incorrect or missing something and could possibly have more track to run the GP38/40-2's on, I'd love to know how to accomplish that.

4. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

I didn't think that would be possible without the editor. Even on PC I don't think that's possible. Where did you hear this?

• Like Like x 1
  5. LiquidShadows

...From the gentleman, "thearkerportian", above.

6. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

I guess they were referring to Train Simulator 2019, where this was indeed possible, but not in TSW.
    20180204193731_1.jpg
    Class 375 in Germany.

• Like Like x 1